Your opinion please.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Kish

I am slowly building the Winston Eagle Lobster boat (now in the paint shop)

and I was thinking about having the hardware anodized black .

How would this go over in the scale world ?

Let me have it :D .

Tim

Hi Tim,

If you were a boater in my district in NAMBA I could tell you that there isn't a rule that prohibits that. However, keep in mind the reasons for building the boat. Are you planning to try to enter a Concourse competition? If so anodizing your hardware black could possibly hurt you with the judges unless the real boat had black or dark colored hardware. If you are just planning to race it and the aesthetics are not critical to you then I don't see a problem.

Mike McKnight

Scale Director

NAMBA District 9

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately be racing it and we don't

have Concourse in D-1 , maybe next season .

I was just looking for something a little different than the normal

polish everything look.

Maybe I will just anodize the parts that you do not see when the Cowl is on (motor mount etc.)

Tim K.

polish everything look.

Maybe I will just anodize the parts that you do not see when the Cowl is on (motor mount etc.)

Tim K.
As I remember alot of stuff on the outside was black anyway (Rudder,Skid fin). I was in Miami for the first race when the hull hit the water. It was a great ideal, but that was all it was. Hull never was fast and was scary. :eek:

Last edited:

polish everything look.

Tim K.
As I remember alot of stuff on the outside was black anyway (Rudder,Skid fin). I was in Miami for the first race when the hull hit the water. It was a great ideal, but that was all it was. Hull never was fast and was scary. :eek:

Well I searched through the pics I have and unfortunately I don't have one of the back

of the lobster hull but I did find one of a later Winston and you are correct about the rudder it is black.

So my next question would be does anyone have a pic of the transom for the Lobster boat so that I have proof ( for those who ask )that it had a black rudder and turn fin.

Thanks Tim

Last edited by a moderator:

polish everything look.

Tim K.

Well I searched through the pics I have and unfortunately I don't have one of the back

of the lobster hull but I did find one of a later Winston and you are correct about the rudder it is black.

So my next question would be does anyone have a pic of the transom for the Lobster boat so that I have proof ( for those who ask )that it had a black rudder and turn fin.

Thanks Tim
Tim,The pics I have do show the rudder and brackets and skid fin and brackets were Black. Pipe was Chrome. I do have some pics of transon

polish everything look.

Tim K.

Thanks Tim
Tim,The pics I have do show the rudder and brackets and skid fin and brackets were Black. Pipe was Chrome. I do have some pics of transon

If you have time could you email a pic or two to me Douglas it would be very appreciated .

I am trying to gather as many pics as possible , there were so many variations of paint on this hull it can get rather confusing.

[email protected]

Thanks Tim

Thanks for the pics Phil

Douglas

Would you say the black was a flat finish or a glossy finish .

Thanks Tim

Back