Yet another .12 [but wait, theres a twist!]

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_laxmasta2039

hey guys,

im probably about to start another project, hopefully it'll be quick and easy since ive got school coming up pronto.....it's a .12, but no, not a rigger. after deciding on an elec boat for a cousin of mine who just asked me "ive got around 500$, would you please build me a boat", the rules changed [no sound regulations, elec wasnt gonna go nearly fast enough], and i came up with a new idea:

has anyone ever put a nice .12 buggy engine in one of those really nice 25" elec hulls, like Bandit El Lobos, PIP Razz Fazz, etc.? with a fuller's 1/8" shaft mono setup for hardware, cheapo futaba radio?

any advice or comments?

Joe

My .12 mono was originally an electric boat that the builder made as a nitro version and added 3" rails. There were only 2 of these made like this that I know of.

Peter at Climate might be able to do something for you or tell your Cuz to ante up a few more $$$ and set him up with one of Grimmy's new Wild Thing .12 hulls so that you can put some decent gear in it.

ron,

u dont think tha El Lobo 2 is good enough?? it looks pretty competetive for me.....add in one of those Sirio Outlaws....then we burnin' nitro!!

i sent an email to the guys at bandit asking if they could install rails for an extra fee, cuz im really bad at that.

3" rails? what mount did you use?

Joe

Octura makes a 3" mount. The hobbie store in my town has had one on it's shelf for a few years now! If you find your self needing it, I would be willing to pick it up for you and ship it. It looks pretty light but yet strong.

Just let me know. Dale P.

Ask Peter about that superlight mono that he had in Toledo while your at it. I don't remember what it was but he would know. Yeah, I suck at putting in engine rails too but building a radio box would be easy.

I've seen the OFNA motors put in boats and they cook! I'm not a buggy guy but I'm almost positive they make a .12 engine. Getting a flywheel should be easy, call Marine Specialties or places like that.

Dale, thanks!

i might need to take you up on that! let me see how things go first, i think ive got your email [i bought a prop from you, didnt i?]

Peter, what didja have in Toledo? if you've looking at this thread, which you probably arnt... :p lol

OFNA.....ill take a look at one of those...im pretty sure they make a .12 too.

has anyone had/ heard of any experience with any of the following?

-Sirio Black Pixi

-Sirio Outlaw [its not legal for ROAR cars, is it legal for boats??]

-OS .12 TR

-Fantom .12

-Trinity/Picco .12

thanks,

Joe

Boats don't have the restrictions that the ROAR motors do, we're just limited in size. Other than that, anything goes! That's why we need our own pipes and engines timed for boats. The ROAR pipes are restricted, that's why on the other site I was telling you about the "Outlaw" motors and pipes.

oh no Ron, dont complicate things more! lol, i had the choices pretty much narrowed down ta two....

there's a NovaRossi .12 [anybody know anything about that one?] on ebay now, and if i cant get that for a deal than its gonna be a Mugen. but now that you've told me why an outlaw would be a good choice, there's that too...howabout a Mugen with an Outlaw pipe? or maybe an OS TR with a pipe? [there's one of those on ebay too!]

is the El Lobo 2 gonna be too small [22"], in which case we'll have to spend the extra dough and get an El Lobo 3 [26" i think]?

Joe

Back