X637 on a TS2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinFinn

I've got a TS 2 with a stock OS .21 XM. I am going to try an Octura X637 prop. What kind of modifications should be done to the prop for top performance with my set-up? If this was a modified motor, what modifications to the same prop would be best? - Jeff.

my ts2 runs real good with prather 220 cuped far as u can go

I've got a TS 2 with a stock OS .21 XM. I am going to try an Octura X637 prop. What kind of modifications should be done to the prop for top performance with my set-up? If this was a modified motor, what modifications to the same prop would be best? - Jeff.

Once the prop is thinned and ballanced try adjustments in and out and up and down to suit your runing style. I have had great success with the X637 on 21 outboards but do try every prop you can get your hands on as sometimes you will just hit a patricular set up that goes like a rocket. X440 and 440m seem to be the bread and butter props but 215 and 220 Prather and the X438 X640 BC1440 and even an X442 may work well. When you say top performance is it top speed, acceleration out of a corner or just the fastet lap time your looking for? Once you get the trim angle to air the boat without blowing over up and down can change things a lot.

Once the prop is thinned and ballanced try adjustments in and out and up and down to suit your runing style. I have had great success with the X637 on 21 outboards but do try every prop you can get your hands on as sometimes you will just hit a patricular set up that goes like a rocket. X440 and 440m seem to be the bread and butter props but 215 and 220 Prather and the X438 X640 BC1440 and even an X442 may work well. When you say top performance is it top speed, acceleration out of a corner or just the fastet lap time your looking for? Once you get the trim angle to air the boat without blowing over up and down can change things a lot.
Thanks for the reply. The "performance" I am looking for is good straight line speed, but more importantly to maintain good speed and handling through the corners. I have both an X440 and the M440 and I prefer the M440, so far. I have the others or they being ordered. Right now my set-up is slightly negative thrust angle and centerline of the prop-shaft about 1/8" above the adjusting stand. I am going to try some different props at nuetral thrust angle and see if there is a difference there. I believe my current set-up would be good for rough water and appears to be a decent race set-up, but I'd like to find a better calm water set-up, where the boat rides a little more above the water, "on-air", as you said. Thanks for the suggested props. Those are the ones I've heard folks having good success with.

I too am looking for the ideal prop for the os. So far the M440 from Mark Sholund has proven to be the best in terms of speed. Out of curiosity, how much weight are you guys using to balance the TS2. I think I have about 3.5oz.

Scott

I too am looking for the ideal prop for the os. So far the M440 from Mark Sholund has proven to be the best in terms of speed. Out of curiosity, how much weight are you guys using to balance the TS2. I think I have about 3.5oz.
Scott
Hey Scott, I have 8 sections of Prather stick-on weights in the nose and 3 sections behind the radio box in the middle of the boat. Can someone tell me how much a section of Prather weight weighs? I really like the M440, it's gonna be hard to knock that one off the podium! I've heard a few guys really like the X637 and the X640. I'm gonna work up those props and see what happens. Jeff

Each section of a Prather weight is 1/4 oz. Since Prather is now out of business, those weights are now made from "unobtainum." <_<
JD
Sure are. Just bought the last 4 packages our local hobby shop had today, along with the last 2 rolls of radio box tape :p

My TS2 with a CMB RS .21 runs pretty good with a stock X637. It runs well through the corners and has more than enough top end down the straight.

Regards,

James

Latest posts

Back