delta force prop

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Lauer

Supporting Member
I am ready to try out my first electric boat. It is a 24 in Delta force with a dynamite 3831 2000kv motor on 2s or 3s. what prop should I start with? I hace a lot of octura props to choose from. Thank you

For 3S I recommend a kV range between 2800-3500. Prop size from 38 to 42mm 1.4 to 1.6 pitch should work well. There are many more variables, such as hull weight, hull resistance, prop height etc. If you select a high rpm setup, always start with a small prop to avoid overheating.

the largest battery that will fit is a 3s, what motor can I run for 3s or 2s?
you can get small 4s packs. go down in mah. if you run that motor on 3s you will have a loaded rpm of about <20k. usually you run about 35k.

so if you really insist on 3s youre going to want a large prop. 42.5mm with 1.6 pitch - 45mm 1.6

Thank you for all the help. I can squeze two 2s packs in it if they are soft cases and it is tight. Am I right in thinking that neither motor will work for this boaat?

2000kV on 4S will work. It is a mild setup, but you should be able to get 40+ mph with the right prop.

Back