WTC

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparbarn

any news on entry forms or confirmed race dates? it's after the holidays :rolleyes: ......i need to schedule the time off pretty quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
any news on entry forms or confirmed race dates? it's after the holidays :rolleyes: ......i need to schedule the time off pretty quick.
I found this posted as the D13 2011 Schedule however April 30 is Saturday and not mentioned and May 2 is a Monday. I would think its April 29, 30 and May 1. Hopefully John Knight will chime in and let us know whats up for sure!

IMPBA D13 2011 Race Schedule

-----------------------------

February 19, 20- SOWEGA Grand Prix.

March 19, 20- Charleston Model Boaters Grand Prix.

April 16, 17- Atlanta Spring Nat’s.

April 29, May 1, 2- Charleston Model Boaters World Tunnel Champs.

May 28, 29- SOWEGA Grand Prix or High Points (Pending).

July 16, 17- Atlanta Grand Prix.

August 20, 21- Atlanta Gas Champs.

October 8, 9-Charleston Model Boaters Fall Nat’s.

November 5, 6- SOWEGA Southern Challenge Grand Prix.

Last edited:
The dates for the 2011 race were announced in late summer. Admit that it was a while ago. They are Friday, 29 April to Sunday, 01 May, 2011. The race flyer is nearly ready to go and the race announcement will be very soon. We had some admin details to finalize. It is likely the race will start on Friday at 12 noon. Look for the announcement and the flyer very soon. We are almost there.

Hey John, Hope you doing well. I have not seen any IW dialouge regarding the consideration of "the special classes" for this year, like Open Tunnel, P Spec Tunnel, Etc. Last two years there was some requests for comment on IW regarding what to include, before the registration forms were finalized and releaased. Is is safe to assume that this means initially all possible tunnel classes will be offered, and then those that don't meet the minimum boat rule get dropped? Thanks, James

Hey John, Hope you doing well. I have not seen any IW dialouge regarding the consideration of "the special classes" for this year, like Open Tunnel, P Spec Tunnel, Etc. Last two years there was some requests for comment on IW regarding what to include, before the registration forms were finalized and releaased. Is is safe to assume that this means initially all possible tunnel classes will be offered, and then those that don't meet the minimum boat rule get dropped? Thanks, James
and b ob hydro......

Been good just very busy. The "special classes" as you noted, are planned for the following:

FE "P" tunnel

Open FE tunnel

Sport B Kneeler

B OB Hydro

The regular classes, B, Sport B, D, Sport D, E/F, Gas, MOD-VP and Open will still be offered. Essentially it will be all offered as last year. I hope that there will be enough E/F boats to meet the minimum of 5 to run the class as well as the special classes too. The final approval for the flyer by the club is still needed and that should come next week. We have a bunch gone to the Winternats now.

Is that good enough for all of you or what would you want to see? The past 2 tunnel champs races attendance was affected by the poor economy and we hope that the 2011 race will be an improvement. Regardless we should have fun as always. MeTime is planning to broadcast the race.

thanx, john. looking foward to the wtc, & seeing all (& more) of my tunnel buddies this year. you too, john :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: .

Back