• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Solinger Flywheel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayP

I know these are hard to come by, but if anyone has one laying around and doesn't need it anymore, let me know. I have the Nova flywheel, but I need the Solinger with the recess in the front for a flex hex coupler without an adapter nut.

JayP

Hi Jay, I you use the long Octura coupler it works perfectly with the Nova flywheel. The long part of the collet is designed to fit up inside the Nova flywheel to reach the threaded part of the crank,

Give me a call if you have any questions,

GQ

Glenn,

I am not sure I am tracking with you. Here is a pic of the Nova flywheel SG crank conversion kit. The flywheel is held on by the adapter nut, then I have the Octura coupler threaded onto that. Because of the adapter nut, the coupler sticks out too far. The Solinger flywheel is recessed in the front so the Octura coupler fits in and the coupler tightens the flywheel, so there is no need for the adapter nut.

JayP

Nova.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jay, if you use the LONG Octura coupler you do not need the adapter and it will end up being the same length as the short coupler. If you can post a pic of the coupler you have I can tell you if it is the correct one.

GQ

Ok , then you need what Octura calls their “K&B” collet, it has the smooth “pilot” part that fits up inside the flywheel to grab the threads. It has been a long time since I’ve had to do all of this, but I think I remember having to turn a shallow recess into the front of the flywheel even using the long nosed collet. Feel free to give me a call if I have made this more confusing than it was!!

GQ

Jay,

Once you talk to Glenn if you decide to go the extra step to turn your flywheel, I also carry the KB 1/4-28 with the shoulder in stock that Glenn is describing. Thanks.

Back