• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - Plans/Parts for a Prather Spitfire I

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete Markese

Supporting Member
HELP PLEASE! I just got a used Prather Spitfire I hull, and I'm looking for help getting the boat set-up. In purchasing the boat, I did not get any of the original plans with it. The hull is together but may be missing some parts. I've seen pics of other Prather Spitfire 1's where trim tabs like pieces were mounted between the sponsons on each side. The hull I got does not have those, and I am wondering if I need them. No fuel tank was included with the hull, and I am not sure of the correct mounting position or size for the tank. I am also looking for help in determining the best set-up for the servos. I've got a K&B 3.5 engine that I intend to run with the boat. Any and all help from anyone who has set one of these hulls up would be greatly appreciated. I am willing to buy any parts that you may have that you don't need and possibly I do need. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.

Hi Pete,

I've got a Spitfire I and II.

Just never seem to run them.

I'll take some pics of the boat and radio box and send em your way.

I believe there's an 8oz.slant tank in it with a 1 oz. hopper tank.

There's a Hitec 645mg steering servo in it that seems to be just fine.

My Spitfire II has the aluminum down force (drag) flaps on the boom tubes,

but my 3.5 boat does not.

Anybody out there know about the flaps on the little boat?

I think a friend of mine might have a manual.I'll ask tomorrow.

Later!

Thanks Walt! Wow! Getting an owner's manual would be great. If your friend will let me borrow it, I PROMISE that I WILL return it.

I was wondering about those drag flaps on the boom tubes (is that what they're called?) and I did see a Spitfire I with them for sale on eBay. I had heard from someone else that they're really not necessary on the Spitfire I, although they do look cool.

I am going to use a JR270 for the throttle servo and a JR590M for the steering servo. In looking at the servo mounting set-up in the radio box, I'm going to have to make some modification to get the servos positioned correctly, but I think I've got that one figured out.

I had no idea about the correct size or shape for the fuel tank. I think I saw a pic somewhere where I could see that the fuel tank was an 8oz size, but I wasn't really sure on that. I was just going to find one that fit and go from there. Is a "hopper" tank necessary? I've never used one of those.

Walt, I don't know anything about this hull. I was really thinking I was buying an "outrigger" when I got it. Everyone in my Club right now is hot on riggers for some reason, so I was trying to join the crowd. What's new?! Anyway, is this a "hydro" or "rigger" hull? Once set-up correctly, how does the boat perform? Are they quick? The riggers that the guys in my Club are building are for the most part inboard configurations. How do these outboard hydro/riggers perform?

Do you have any info on how to best set-up the engine, i.e. depth, thrust angle and best props to use, etc.?

Walt, anything you can do to help will be GREATLY appreciated. Once again, thanks for you help and friendship!!! Take care.........

Pete

Pete,

If you don't mind,I'd like to move this over to the outboard forum.

That's where it needs to be for the best help.

Back