WTB: Ouboard motor mount for a OS Max .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau Parsons

I am in need of a motor mount for a OS Max .21 who sells motor mounts these days for .21 outboards? Any help would be great.

The OS outboard already comes with the best lower unit, and one of the most adjustable mounts available. Why would you want to use something else?

I was planning a project and if I could not get enough pitch or up and down I wanted options.

Fill us in..,Inquiring minds want to know.
biggrin.gif

I have had problems in the past with Prather, octura, etc, not able to get enough pitch on the mount. I had to inlarge the holes to get the motor to pull the front of the boat out of the water. I recently sold all my k/b outboard stuff in favor of a new .21 OS MAx outboard. So Larry I was asking if I didnt like the motor mount on my new OS Max I had options for another mount. Hope this makes sense.

I was planning a project and if I could not get enough pitch or up and down I wanted options.
If you are looking for additional up and down movement on a motor mount, install an additional set of t-nuts in the transom. A 3/8" spacing between the sets should provide the needed amount. If you are looking to increase the amount of prop thrust angle, stick allen head wrenches under the bottom of the motor mount.

Or, purchase a new mount(if one exists).

JD

I have had problems in the past with Prather, octura, etc, not able to get enough pitch on the mount. I had to inlarge the holes to get the motor to pull the front of the boat out of the water. I recently sold all my k/b outboard stuff in favor of a new .21 OS MAx outboard. So Larry I was asking if I didnt like the motor mount on my new OS Max I had options for another mount. Hope this makes sense.

Beau, You wont need any additional adjustment for your application.

trust me on this one.

Robert

Latest posts

Back