• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB ops 67 rod

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joal, I have a couple of pinned rods that wont spin the bearing but not Titanium.These are the next best thing I've found. Tom Galdys

Joal, Here is the best pic I could get of the pin in the rod. It shows well on the outside but the inside is tough but after the pin was installed,the excess was reamed for a perfect fit

The later versions of the rod are not bushed. The failures were 99.9% of the time on the bushed end. The top barely moves and the wrist pin also moves in the piston. The main cause of the failures is an build up of bushing on the crank pin especially after a failure. The crank pin would have some of the bushing impregnated on it and unless you scraped it off the pin,you would have another failure. Use a razor blade to scrape it off the pin and don't worry about hurting the crank(very hard) if you use care.

Latest posts

Back