• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB MAC 45 P/L

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys i did read somewhere about the AA P/L fitting but was not sure.

i'll drop Al a message

I am running one in a Mac right now and it runs very good. Sleeve took a while to break in but that's good cause it will last.

Hi David

does the P/l just drop in or is there any mods to make? Do you use the MAC conrod or the AA.

Cheers

Steve

Steve

The P/L drops right in. The AA rod does not fit the pin on the Mac crank so stick with the Mac rod. The only thing i did was clean up the bottom side of the exhaust port in the case. The Mac had a much thinner exhaust port and the AA is larger but it doesn't cause any issue. The top of the port is the same height so you won't have any timing changes to make.

How did you get the pin to fit? The piston pin dia is different between the steel mac rod and the AA piston. It's not a direct fit, if I remember right the MAC steel rod pin is a larger dia then the hole in the AA piston..

How did you get the pin to fit? The piston pin dia is different between the steel mac rod and the AA piston. It's not a direct fit, if I remember right the MAC steel rod pin is a larger dia then the hole in the AA piston..
The wrist pins are the same size. The crank pins are different due to the Mac being needle bearings and the AA being bushed.

The piston (Wrist) pins were not the same size on mine.. The Mac the steel rod had a larger Dia (wrist) pin then the AA piston. The AA wrist pin hole was too small for the MAC pin. It was .002-.003 bigger. Just enough that it wouldn't fit.

The MAC wrist pin has a larger diameter by a thou or two. You can use an A/A wrist pin or open up the piston holes to fit.

The MAC crank has a definitley larger crankpin to fit the needle bearings. If you do not want to use the MAC con rod and needles, you'll need the A/A 45 rod and crank as well.

If you need a stock MAC 45 crank, I have replacement cranks for the MAC 45 that will work with the steel rod and needle bearings.

Al Hobbs

The wrist pins are the same size. The crank pins are different due to the Mac being needle bearings and the AA being bushed.
I pulled out all my parts and I did use the AA wrist pin. Never even checked the Mac pin due to it not being in great condition. It is .001 larger and would not fit. Sorry for the mis information Steven.

So you used a AA wrist pin in a Mac steel rod even though AA wrist pin is a .001-.003 smaller then the hole in the MAC steel rod. No issues running a smaller dia wrist pin in the connecting rod then what is was designed for? Just asking? Thanks, Josh-

So you used a AA wrist pin in a Mac steel rod even though AA wrist pin is a .001-.003 smaller then the hole in the MAC steel rod. No issues running a smaller dia wrist pin in the connecting rod then what is was designed for? Just asking? Thanks, Josh-
Yup

Back