WTB K&B 3.5 flex shafts??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstew0903

WTB K&B 3.5 flex shafts??

I just broke my first flexshaft on my K&B 3.5 outboard. Where is the best place to buy the flexshafts. Are there any better quality ones out there than K&B's. Thanks for the help.Also how often do you break them if you keep up with greasing them regulary. Should I order more that one at a time.

Jason

Re:WTB K&B 3.5 flex shafts??

Hi Jason,

That happens with the 3.5 motors. I will send you a e-mail

I carry three different kinds of cables. Put some grease in every other run. ;)

TIM

Precision Boats

I use outboard gear lub like you use on the regular boat motors. Put it in a squirt can. You can pick it up at walmart. If I can remember I lub it every run. :) And order four or five shafts at a time at least.

Unfortunately, that's one of the few design flaws in all of K&B's lower ends. The cable turns too small of a radius, and no amout of grease will fix it. The Lawless and OS lowers have a larger radius, and the Thunder Tiger has a helical gear set that starts the cable out at less of an angle. It would be nice if K&B could remedy this somehow, but I don't see that happening.

If you like your K&B, order more cables. I know people that have used the same cable all season, and I watched a guy snap a new one on the second run! How's your luck? ;D

Latest posts

Back