• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB connecting rod for OPS 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim mathias

I need a connecting rod for an OPS .45 ,stock or aftermarket. I would just like to get running again ! Can anyone help !this is a newer drum version.

HEY TIM I HAVE SOME OPS 45 PARTS I'D LIKE TO GET RID OF

HERE'S THE LIST

(4) OP41202 GASKET SETS (NEW)

(1) PISTON AND SLEEVE WITH RPM CON ROD (WORN P/S CONROD IN GOOD COND.)

(1) PACKAGE OF HEAD SHIMS WITH ABOUT 20 SHIMS OF VARIOUS THICKNESSES

(1) ART CARB IN COOD COND .390 OD

(1) EXHAUST MANIFOLD IN GOOD COND

(1) WATER COOLER FOR EXH. MANIFOLD IN GOOD COND

(1) HEAD BUTTON IN POOR COND. NEEDS RECONDITIONING

(2) WATER JACKETS FOR HEAD BUTTON IN GOOD COND.

(1) CRANKSHAFT IN GOOD COND.

(1) FRONT BEARING HOUSING ROUGH COND.

(1) LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL AND COLLET IN GOOD COND.

(1) REAR CASE PLATE WITH DISC STYLE INLET (WITH DISC) IN GOOD COND

(1) PACKAGE OF VARIOUS SIZED SCREWS FOR THE ENG.

ALL PARTS DESCRIBED AS IN GOOD COND. CAN BE USED

HOWEVER THE FINAL DECESION IS YOURS

I'D LIKE TO SELL THE WHOLE LOT FOR $75 IF I FIND ANYMORE STUFF I'LL THROW IT IN AS WELL

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

FROM

NORM J

FMBC

GLMBC

If all you need is a rod and it is the same as the older disc motors I have you covered Let me know where to send it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY TIM I HAVE SOME OPS 45 PARTS I'D LIKE TO GET RID OF

HERE'S THE LIST

(4) OP41202 GASKET SETS (NEW)

(1) PISTON AND SLEEVE WITH RPM CON ROD (WORN P/S CONROD IN GOOD COND.)

(1) PACKAGE OF HEAD SHIMS WITH ABOUT 20 SHIMS OF VARIOUS THICKNESSES

(1) ART CARB IN COOD COND .390 OD

(1) EXHAUST MANIFOLD IN GOOD COND

(1) WATER COOLER FOR EXH. MANIFOLD IN GOOD COND

(1) HEAD BUTTON IN POOR COND. NEEDS RECONDITIONING

(2) WATER JACKETS FOR HEAD BUTTON IN GOOD COND.

(1) CRANKSHAFT IN GOOD COND.

(1) FRONT BEARING HOUSING ROUGH COND.

(1) LIGHTENED FLYWHEEL AND COLLET IN GOOD COND.

(1) REAR CASE PLATE WITH DISC STYLE INLET (WITH DISC) IN GOOD COND

(1) PACKAGE OF VARIOUS SIZED SCREWS FOR THE ENG.

ALL PARTS DESCRIBED AS IN GOOD COND. CAN BE USED

HOWEVER THE FINAL DECESION IS YOURS

I'D LIKE TO SELL THE WHOLE LOT FOR $75 IF I FIND ANYMORE STUFF I'LL THROW IT IN AS WELL

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK

FROM

NORM J

FMBC

GLMBC
are you done with ops engines? this is my first ops, it is a stong engine, but not easy to tune .it is in a aeromarine meanmachine that was doing 47 mph on a gps . this engine has been very tempermental , one time i could not get it to run ,it would flood no matter what i tried . i have got a super tiger carb on it, very well made carb , but still working out the bugs.

You can try Aeromarine

http://www.aeromarinerc.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=501&category_id=112&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53

You may want to try calling them instead of email as I have not gotten any luck by email.

Or you can contact Brad Christy on here. I bought a P-45 rod from him. I like the quality.

Kez
thanks i have ordered from aeromarine before,they are great to deal with and they have very resonable prices . thanks for your input.

Let me know where to send it.The best carb I have found is the ops .67 slide carb runs good in my rigger but not as good as a cmb or mac.Just cover the shipping and I will get it out say $5.00 if in the USA, let me know.

Let me know where to send it.The best carb I have found is the ops .67 slide carb runs good in my rigger but not as good as a cmb or mac.Just cover the shipping and I will get it out say $5.00 if in the USA, let me know.
do you have a paypal ? if not give me an address and i will send a usps money order . do you have any circle clips ? i could reuse mine but i would like to replace them.

TIM,THE RPM CONROD WAS THE CHOICE OF ALL PEOPLE WHO RAN OPS ENGINES THEY HELD UP BETTER THAN THE STOCK CONRODS,THE 67 SLIDE CARB MAY HAVE TOO LARGE OF A VENTURY FOR THE 45 MOTOR,OPS MOTORS ARE STRONG RUNNERS WHEN UP PROPERLY,PARTS ARE GETTING TO COME BY IN THE US,FOR THEM,DUE TO THE CURRANCY EXCHANGE!

ANYONE ELSE NEED SOME OF THESE PARTS GIVE ME A HOLLER

NORM J

Will you please let me know where to send the rod it is new and bushed on both ends.The 67 slide carb is the ticket .390 ID bore they run great when modded for a third channel.Please send me your addy so I can ship this thing out weds. ;)

paypal [email protected]

TIM,THE RPM CONROD WAS THE CHOICE OF ALL PEOPLE WHO RAN OPS ENGINES THEY HELD UP BETTER THAN THE STOCK CONRODS,THE 67 SLIDE CARB MAY HAVE TOO LARGE OF A VENTURY FOR THE 45 MOTOR,OPS MOTORS ARE STRONG RUNNERS WHEN UP PROPERLY,PARTS ARE GETTING TO COME BY IN THE US,FOR THEM,DUE TO THE CURRANCY EXCHANGE!

ANYONE ELSE NEED SOME OF THESE PARTS GIVE ME A HOLLER

NORM J
i got this boat from ebay ,the previous owner did not have much luck with it . it had the stock carb and the super tigre carb both have the same bore . i think the bore is .390, it has been a while since i checked it , would a smaller bore work better? the rod that i took out looked like did not even have a bushing on the bottom end, the bad end. the piston and sleeve that you have ,is it scored or justed worn? have you ever tried to pinch the sleeves?would the rod be good for running ? do you have any circle clips? i am thinking about taking the whole lot .i will let you know after your reply.

TIM,THE PISTON APPEARS TO BE WORN AND HAS SOME SCRATCHES AND THE CHROME IS FLAKING OFF

OF THE SLEEVE IT HAS A RPM AFTERMARKET CONROD ATTACHED TO IT,AND IT IS BUSHED ON BOTH ENDS

LOOKS LIKE THE CIR CLIPS ARE IN PLACE AS WELL,PISTON AND SLEEVE ARE PRETTY MUCH DONE

RPM CONRODS ARE THE BEST AFTERMARKET RODS YOU CAN GET, BUT THEY ARE NOT MADE ANYMORE

I RECHECKED THE BORE ON THE CARB. IT IS A .390 I BELEIVE THAT IS THE STOCK BORE,YOU COULD

GO DOWN IN BORE SIZE,BY CHANGING THE CARB,IT WOULD MAKE THE NEEDLE SETTING MORE EASY

TO FIND,YOU SAID YOUR ENGINE FLOODS OUT,YOU MIGHT WANT TO USE A SMALLER PRESSURE

FITTING ON THE PIPE AND MAKE SHURE YOUR SPRAY BAR IS NOT LOWER THAT THE FUEL TANK

FOR IT WILL CREAT A SIPHON AND FLOOD YOUR MOTOR OUT THAT WAY AS WELL,TRY TO RUN THE FUEL INLET HOSE UP AND OVER,TO CREATE A LOOP HIGHER THAN THE FUEL TANK,THAT WILL STOP ANY

SIPHON,AS FAR AS THE MOTOR PARTS GO, I GOT THEM IN A LARGE LOT OF OTHER PARTS AND

JUST WANT TO GET RID OF THEM AND TRY AND GET SOME MONEY BACK,I DON'T RUN 45 OPS

MOTORS HOPE THIS HELPS

NORM J

i tried several thing in the past ,i even raised the stern of the boat and tried to start itand removed the pressure line to the tank. i will try the lope next time maybe that will help. i need more time to play with it ,never have enough time. i have a 3 1/2 year old daughter that get most of my time , but that is ok she is great. thanks for all the advice everyone on this site has been great !

Back