• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB CMDI Nitro Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many boaters liked that pipe. I may put it back in production.

Anyone Second that?

MAC 21 headers will be back in stock next week. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, I would think that when the new IMPBA noise language is approved this pipe will be very popular again.

Jerry

AndyBrown said:
Many boaters liked that pipe.  I may put it back in production. Anyone Second that?

MAC 21 headers will be back in stock next week.  :)

110472[/snapback]

I'd like to try one on my new gear driven Speedmaster as soon as they are available.

Jerry T said:
Andy, I would think that when the new IMPBA noise language is approved this pipe will be very popular again.Jerry

110511[/snapback]

Hey Jerry have you tried the new 21 FAT parabolic? It's a killer!!! :D

Im still using mine on the original mac 21 engine and eagle sg have tried the first two quiet pipes but still go back to it i would like to see them made again.

I would love to have the old pipes back.

On a related, but different topic, something changed in the .21 parabolic pipe when the pressure fitting was added. The same pipe length I used with the old parabolic no longer works, and in fact, the whole setup _seems_ (that means that I do not have scientific evidence to support this thought) to be slower with the new parabolic pipe. I have tried the fat pipe as well with limited luck. I have experimented at 8", 8 1/4", 8 1/2", and 8 3/4" - none seem to work like the old parabolic pipe at 8 5/8"!

I would also say that I am not sure I like the 90 degree style pressure fitting. It puts the pressure tube right next to the pipe, which gets hot enough to melt the pressure tubing.

I am also DYING for an 18 deg header!!!

Jay

Racerdude said:
On a related, but different topic, something changed in the .21 parabolic pipe when the pressure fitting was added.  The same pipe length I used with the old parabolic no longer works, and in fact, the whole setup _seems_ (that means that I do not have scientific evidence to support this thought) to be slower with the new parabolic pipe.  I have tried the fat pipe as well with limited luck.  I have experimented at 8", 8 1/4", 8 1/2", and 8 3/4" - none seem to work like the old parabolic pipe at 8 5/8"!

I would also say that I am not sure I like the 90 degree style pressure fitting.  It puts the pressure tube right next to the pipe, which gets hot enough to melt the pressure tubing.

Jay

110627[/snapback]

Jay the new FAT21 likes to run short. Mine is at 7 1/4" on my MAC21/SGX. B)

Don Ferrette said:
Jay the new FAT21 likes to run short. Mine is at 7 1/4" on my MAC21/SGX.  B)
110628[/snapback]

WOW!! :blink:

Man that is REALLY short!!

-Buck-

p.s. Andy, I'd like to see that pipe go back into production.

Don Ferrette said:
Racerdude said:
On a related, but different topic, something changed in the .21 parabolic pipe when the pressure fitting was added.  The same pipe length I used with the old parabolic no longer works, and in fact, the whole setup _seems_ (that means that I do not have scientific evidence to support this thought) to be slower with the new parabolic pipe.  I have tried the fat pipe as well with limited luck.  I have experimented at 8", 8 1/4", 8 1/2", and 8 3/4" - none seem to work like the old parabolic pipe at 8 5/8"!

I would also say that I am not sure I like the 90 degree style pressure fitting.  It puts the pressure tube right next to the pipe, which gets hot enough to melt the pressure tubing.

Jay

110627[/snapback]

Jay the new FAT21 likes to run short. Mine is at 7 1/4" on my MAC21/SGX. B)

110628[/snapback]

That explains why Ryan's rigger did not like his Fat pipe. Was way too long! Was told to run it the very same length as the 21S. Guess not. Most likely true for mine as well.

On a related, but different topic, something changed in the .21 parabolic pipe when the pressure fitting was added.
I believe that all the new pipes come with the stinger drilled out to the larger dia. Unlike the old parabolic that you have if you did not drill it out.

Mike

Racerdude said:
110627[/snapback]

Hmmm, I've been using 90 degree fittings for years & never once melted a pressure line from pipe contact. :huh:

Don Ferrette said:
Racerdude said:
110627[/snapback]

Hmmm, I've been using 90 degree fittings for years & never once melted a pressure line from pipe contact. :huh:

110798[/snapback]

Same here....... I prefer 90 degree fittings. I have more problems with water lines failing than the pressure line to the tank.

Mike Hughes said:
On a related, but different topic, something changed in the .21 parabolic pipe when the pressure fitting was added.
I believe that all the new pipes come with the stinger drilled out to the larger dia. Unlike the old parabolic that you have if you did not drill it out.

Mike

110794[/snapback]

Mike,

Ever single parabolic pipe I have, from the std 21 parabolic, 21S, the 45, 67 and 84, has been drilled. Not one is stock stinger. That was not the problem. 95 + degree heat did not help I can tell you that. Now I know what direction I need to go so when it cools down some I will be testing some more with that pipe.

John

For some reason, when I drilled out the pipe, the boat slowed way down. The undrilled one seems to work best in my sport 20. What's up with that?

Racerdude said:
For some reason, when I drilled out the pipe, the boat slowed way down.  The undrilled one seems to work best in my sport 20.  What's up with that?
110819[/snapback]

Did you richen it up after you drilled it? What length is it set at?

you got to run these pipes short, real short!

i run the parabolic 21s pipe on my mac21 in a rigger at 7in to7,1/4in

hav'nt tried the 21fat pipe, but would like to..

OK - everyone seems to say that drilled out pipes need to be real short. I have tried for a long time to run my A Mono at 8 inches with the MAC parabolic pipe (the older one) with the stinger drilled out to 1/4". It runs good in the A Mono - for a little while. Then, after a 2-3 laps, it drops off a cliff. Running great one minute, the next it can't even get on pipe. Some have told me the pipe is too short, some have told me too long. I am inclined to believe it is too short, but what do I know. At what length would you guys run the pipe (center cylinder to weld) in an A Mono?

Would it be the same for the Sport 21?

Thanks for all the advice!

Jay

Latest posts

Back