• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB .45 VAC CMB with slanted carburetor or Mac Motor

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Throttle~Up

I have a one off CMDI Eagle built by Andy Brown, he lowered the motor a bit so a straight carb will not work as the mounts have been modified also. looking for a fresh new or like new motor with a slanted carb to fit in the mounts.

Who has got a modded Mac laying around they want to sell? Please no junk, running at 4300 altitude so I needs to be a strong running motor.

Thanks in advance, Chuck

no such thing as a vac 45 with a slanted carb.there was a 45 hydro,which is no longer available,that had the mac style carb. an rs 45 may work,as it has the carb higher than the vac

The VAC 45 works fine as soon as you knotch the fuel tank thi is my modded vac and I have had exalent

success also you have to knotch the boom tube I have ran this set up for the last 2 summers running

low 80s later Charlie

I have a 45VAC for sale if you want it. It is a straight carb though. It has been run only a few times. Let me know

Jerry

Jerry,

How much for your Vac?

Mark Sholund
hey don't steal my thread LOL how you been Mark? still doing some props? I will get back at you by asking a question here What can you suggest instead of X440 3 X437 3 for my Seaducer SD2 with CMB power modded someone here ran a M-44? or something give me some input.. as for the straight carb, I was hoping I would not have to butcher my boom tube and fuel tank like Charles did but maybe that's the only route. are you you worried about losing the strength of the tubes? thanks for all the feedback. Chuck

The boom tube is double walled . I had a practic race with one of my fellow club racers and we touched in turn 3 and my boom went strait through the sponson and didnt crack or break the tube. the only problem I have with it is it raddels a little oh also if you do a nova 46 you have to knotch it also "slitly" tha hex nut hits later Charlie

Chuck,

Sorry about your thread. I am all set.

M-440 with reduced blade area and cup.

Should work well in your elevation.

Thanks,

Mark

Back