WOW !!! WHAT A DAY !!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterbug

Well guys I finally made it to the lake today !!!!! I should have done this years ago !!!!!!

I fired up my D 27 and pitched her in and off she went !!! ;D ;D A little trim adjustment and then WFO !!! She would turn wide open either way. woh!! Need to turn the rate down but I didn't mind my thumb adjusted fine . Nose up and screaming, and just a tad of rudder and she would lay down and scream through the turn at full bore, no hooking no bad habits !!!

Thanks Jerry !!!! for all the talks we have had !!! My first boat and she is a" Dream " right off the building board !!

I made 2 long runs and had to tinker with her . I richened it up , fueled it up and back she went perfect !!

I had a JG 3D8/3 prop on it for the first few runs . I changed to a X640 and tryed again . It was faster with a slight slap near top end but just a tad and it would level off. It would still lay down going into the turn at full bore but would slip going through the turn then grab hard as soon as it straightened up coming out the turn. Needed to lower the engine some. All in all it was faster than the JG prop.

The next trip I will lower the engine a tad and see if the cavitation eases up some . I will also try the X440/3 and the x440 props the next outing . The OS turned the X640 at higher RPM's than the JG/3.

The stock engine was pretty strong !!! all I did was lower the head clearance to .010 and ran 10% fuel . I cant wait to see how she does on 50-65%.

It surprised me that it had the power to turn the X640 as it did .

THANKS JERRY and GUY'S

8)

Hey Butchie,

Way ta go!!!!! Glad ya got it goin, Now get yourself some stick time with the hull and go NUTZ!!!!!!!

Fun are they not? ;)

Post a few pics when ya get the chance,

Gene ;D

Back