Worn out or not?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Billy,

It certainly LOOKS worn out to me.......

It all comes down to the seal. If you still have good compression (holds pressure and doesn't "SSSSSSSS" when you hold it at or near TDC), then it is a good fit. If you can turn the engine over by the prop with one finger, with the plug in, then you need to renew the fit. I know, there's alot of room between the two. You be the judge.........

BTW, I can help you with that. FOR THE LOW, LOW PRICE OF.....................

Trying to be funny here..... I'll quit now.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

its clearly worn. it doesnt hold compression for long. looks like it needs a new piston for sure.
Get Brad to make you a piston, his stuff is first rate. I do gotta admit though I had a CMB 90 that was a monster yet it didn't get that way until I could push the piston all the way through the sleeve just like that. :p

i am with don,

i had a 67 evo motor yrs ago the piston would go all the way through.. yet it still run 92mph in my hydro lol

go figure.

chris

Don, Chris,

Like I said, and you both well know, it all comes down to the seal. If it still seals well with fuel and oil present, then a fit like that is perfect because there is very little drag over TDC.

Billy,

Don's right. I've got the power.........

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Don, Chris,
Like I said, and you both well know, it all comes down to the seal. If it still seals well with fuel and oil present, then a fit like that is perfect because there is very little drag over TDC.

Billy,

Don's right. I've got the power.........

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
I know you've got the power... No doubt ;) I too had a MAC 21 that ran like a bat out of hell but had a good seal. This motor does not. Time for a new piston.

its clearly worn. it doesnt hold compression for long. looks like it needs a new piston for sure.
Get Brad to make you a piston, his stuff is first rate. I do gotta admit though I had a CMB 90 that was a monster yet it didn't get that way until I could push the piston all the way through the sleeve just like that. :p
You know what they say Don. They run the best right before they blow up!!!

If you can get a hold of Dick Jones he can sqwish the sleve and it will work well he did it to one of my mac and it runs great. you can get a hold of dick at cooperpipes.com

I think you guy's are missing what's going on here , he bought a motor from a member here and was told that the motor was in good shape , now what would you guy's expect the seller to do for you if this happened to you, i was once put in this predicament and i did replace the parts it took awhile but i got them for the buyer.

I would either want my money back or for the seller to replace the parts that where needed and if the seller didn't want to help me out at all he should be nown to everyone on this forum , so everyone no's what there dealing with or that member should be kicked off this forum for either for a period of time or for ever.

We don't need the people on here ripping anyone off , that we should be able to trust

I don't like when things like this happen hope it all works out

No one in administration is going to do anything about a bad sale except cancel and block these forums that talk about it like this one! Been there, done that. I give this a few days and gone!

John

I think you guy's are missing what's going on here , he bought a motor from a member here and was told that the motor was in good shape , now what would you guy's expect the seller to do for you if this happened to you, i was once put in this predicament and i did replace the parts it took awhile but i got them for the buyer. 

I would either want my money back or for the seller to replace the parts that where needed and if the seller didn't want to help me out at all he should be nown to everyone on this forum , so everyone no's what there dealing with or that member should be kicked off this forum for either for a period of time or for ever.

We don't need the people on here ripping anyone off , that we should be able to trust

The guy that sold the motor may have very well have had excellent performance with his setup as others have testified. Granted the motor is not performing well in its current environment. You can't really expect anybody to measure the fit of a P&S. When you buy used then you get what you get. Let's not throw such big rocks.

The guy that sold the motor may have very well have had excellent performance with his setup as others have testified. Granted the motor is not performing well in its current environment. You can't really expect anybody to measure the fit of a P&S. When you buy used then you get what you get. Let's not throw such big rocks.

So your saying that i can sell you something that is crap as long as i think it's ok , i can say to bad i think you got a deal suck it up , i don't think so

So if you payed good money for a motor and was told it was in excellent condition and the P/S fit was very nice and you got the motor and took it apart to find the piston was pitted the top of the motor case was severly pitted hte piston came through the top of the sleeve and then t when you imformed the seller and was pretty much told to go to hell. Teel me you wouldnr be pissed.

So if you payed good money for a motor and was told it was in excellent condition and the P/S fit was very nice and you got the motor and took it apart to find the piston was pitted the top of the motor case was severly pitted hte piston came through the top of the sleeve and then t when you imformed the seller and was pretty much told to go to hell. Teel me you wouldnr be pissed.

Billy,

I hear you and agree with you. What was done was truly misrepresented to you if the info you noted was correct. Unless he makes it good with you, he will be off the seller list for many of us here. A lot of what we do on this site and others like it is based upon trust and correct representation of what is for sale. When that is violated then they are off the radar for good.

John

Back