World Tunnel Champs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTV Boats

Had the long drive home and recapped all our snafoo's. Very good race though down in numbers the competition was there. Team Ugly had a couple first's, toooo many seconds, and 3rd generation Max is ready for the next race. Thanks to the CMBC as a great host and all the tunnel faithful who keep this event going. Will try to post some videos after Jeff gets some editing going.

Thanks again

Mic

Jay

Max

Andy & Jeff

YUN00009.jpg

YUN00011.jpg

YUN00006.jpg

Great pics Mic. Totally different perspective of the race site. Yes, I agree. The numbers may have been down slightly but the competition was there for sure. Our team also came away with some firsts, seconds, and a third or two. Event was great as always and Mike, Martin, and I are already looking forward to next year. Thanks to John for running a great event, and to tge otger CMB members that helped. Thanks also to John, Scott, Gabe and Shawn that all did a great job at CD, and to Mike's wife Lee that handled the scoring and input on rcracingevents.com. Thanks also to Joe for sharing his beautiful property with us all.....
default_smile.png

Special congrats to Max Halbrehder on his first place in kneeler. He drove great all weekend and earned it for sure. He is already a great driver. In a few more years we all will be chasing him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong,but that looks like one of my kneelers I built a long time ago! Congrats either way!

Arcadian.JPG

Mike your correct that hull is a 36" we inherited from Andy Smith. Worked well in rough water though slower than the smaller hulls out there. (32"). In testing we have run high 50's with an FE "Q" Hyperion outrunner on a K&B 45 lower which handles much better than the OS lower on this boat. With a can muffler 45 that could be a real drivers class, speeds up to high 40's. Maybe the outboard equivalent of Jersey Skiff.

Photo is a 33" boat on loan from Paul Renna we are testing with an outlaw .45 can motor. Wood is good.

Mic

Awesome Mic! I am glad Paul and you are working together on the tunnels. Paul is a great guy and I want to see him do well. You are going to love that PX335...It is a great, great running boat! Sounds like you are converting it to nitro from its original FE form? Or is it the NX320 nitro hull? Either way, keep us posted!

Yes, the old kneelers I use to make are a handful. The sponson heal is so far back on those, it makes the boat very much on edge. I cannot believe it is handling the Q setup at those speeds and still turning! haha. The new kneelers I moved the afterplane further forward, and it allows for one small turn fin on the inside of the sponson and you are good to go.

"Maybe the outboard equivalent of Jersey Skiff."

Yeah, Dick Loeb had me build him one of my original kneelers once, but we added air reliefs...lol...The boat would not hold a turn for anything, nor would it go straight very well...He called it" The Clown Boat"...it was a pretty retarded running hull!

I look forward to what you think of the tunnel! If Max ever wants a new kneeler..let me know, I will make sure he gets a great hook up!

Mike

Latest posts

Back