World OB Tunnel Championships

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

The race was outstanding from the competition and weather standpoint. The water was mostly calm all weekend with Friday being the windy day of the 3. We finished heat racing at 11:30 this morning, had 4 run offs and then the trophy presentation, all done before 1. CD's of Randy Premo, Gabe Clegg and Randy Corbin did a superb job with the race, kept it moving and was called very fair. NO arguments or disputes arose and that is a tribute for the racers and race officials.

Trophy plaques with a picture of the competitors taken at round 1 were provided and the number given was determined by the number of entries. Results are as follows:

Sport B (20)

1st - John Otto, won by runoff

2nd - Grimracer

3rd - Jay Halbrehder

4th - Karen Kensill

5th - Jerry Dunlap

6th - Randy Premo

Fast Electric (FE)

1st - Grimracer

2nd - Jerry Dunlap

3rd - Gary Geiselman

B (20 Mod)

1st - Randy Premo

2nd - Shane Adderley, won by runoff

3rd - Jay Halbrehder

4th - John Knight

5th - Robin Stebbins

6th - Mic Halbrehder

Sport D (40)

1st - Shane Adderley, won by runoff

2nd - Jay Halbrehder

3rd - Jerry Dunlap

4th - Tony Atwell

D (40)

1st - Steve Hearl, won by runoff win

2nd - Mitch Atwell Sr, 2nd in runoff

3rd - Jay Halbrehder, 3rd in runoff

4th - James Beasley

5th - Don Gilbert

6th - Jon Harter

E (60)/ F (80)

1st - Terry Trott, twin engine boat

2nd - Jimmy Eddlemann

3rd - James Beasley

MOD-VP

1st - Mic Halhrehder

2nd - Jay Halbrehder

3rd - Rick Glover

GAS

1st - James Beasley

2nd - Mitch Atwell Sr

3rd - Tony Atwell

Thanks for all that attended and supported the 2009 World Tunnel Championships. A very special thanks to Doug and Kerri Carter, owners of MeTime Productions for the webcast of the race. It was outstanding to participate in this race with that great support.

Last edited by a moderator:
The race was outstanding from the competition and weather standpoint. The water was mostly calm all weekend with Friday being the windy day of the 3. We finished heat racing at 11:30 this morning, had 4 run offs and then the trophy presentation, all done before 1. CD's of Randy Premo, Gabe Clegg and Randy Corbin did a superb job with the race, kept it moving and was called very fair. NO arguments or disputes arose and that is a tribute for the racers and race officials.
Trophy plaques with a picture of the competitors taken at round 1 were provided and the number given was determined by the number of entries. Results are as follows:

Sport B (20)

2nd - Grimracer

3rd - Jay Halbrehder

4th - Karen Kensill

5th - Jerry Dunlap

6th - Randy Premo

Fast Electric (FE)

1st - Grimracer

2nd - Jerry Dunlap

3rd - Gary Geiselman

B (20 Mod)

1st - Randy Premo

3rd - Jay Halbrehder

4th - John Knight

5th - Robin Stebbins

6th - Mic Halbrehder

Sport D (40)

2nd - Jay Halbrehder

3rd - Jerry Dunlap

4th - Tony Atwell

D (40)

4th - James Beasley

5th - Don Gilbert

6th - Jon Harter

E (60)/ F (80)

2nd - Jimmy Eddlemann

3rd - James Beasley

MOD-VP

1st - Mic Halhrehder

2nd - Jay Halbrehder

3rd - Rick Glover

GAS

1st - James Beasley

2nd - Mitch Atwell Sr

3rd - Tony Atwell

Thanks for all that attended and supported the 2009 World Tunnel Championships. A very special thanks to Doug and Kerri Carter, owners of MeTime Productions for the webcast of the race. It was outstanding to participate in this race with that great support.
Everyone I have spoken to that went to your race, had a great time no matter what place they finished in. Thanks CMB for all your efforts for this sport.

-Carl Van Houten,

Thanks John, the webcast had 637 different people log on with a total of 898 views. The top ten Countries other than USA watching were, Sweden with the highest at 90, Great Britian, Germany, Aus, our buddy Christian Aldana and his friends from Venezuela, Canada, Netherlands, South Africa, Malta, France.

this was very cool to be able to do this, Friday's webcast was a little ruff but I think the other cam we used on Sat and Sun was a whole lot better. The testing will continue with this to make it better at events we are able to attend.

Thanks CMB, excellent event as always,

Doug

Hey, damm i missed the live feeds!!! I should read all threads better! LOL

WELL DONE TO EVERYONE especially you Shane!!

Hope to catch up next year...When are you guys coming over here anyway!!!!!????????

Thanks John, the webcast had 637 different people log on with a total of 898 views. The top ten Countries other than USA watching were, Sweden with the highest at 90, Great Britian, Germany, Aus, our buddy Christian Aldana and his friends from Venezuela, Canada, Netherlands, South Africa, Malta, France.
this was very cool to be able to do this, Friday's webcast was a little ruff but I think the other cam we used on Sat and Sun was a whole lot better. The testing will continue with this to make it better at events we are able to attend.

Doug

Well Done METIME friends :) , it was the best gifts for the RC/Outboard World Comunity that dont was there and others that now want be there in the future.....Now to work on DVD, please remember one copy for me....

Thanks

Doug

Well Done METIME friends :) , it was the best gifts for the RC/Outboard World Comunity that dont was there and others that now want be there in the future.....Now to work on DVD, please remember one copy for me....

Thanks
Christian, glad to hear you were watching,wasn't sure if you got my email but glad you enjoyed with everyone else. I regret to inform you that we did not shoot any video to do a dvd this year, we are switching gears to live feeds, not to say we won't produce any more, we will, just not the 09 WTC.

See you next year,

Doug

Doug

Thanks
Christian, glad to hear you were watching,wasn't sure if you got my email but glad you enjoyed with everyone else. I regret to inform you that we did not shoot any video to do a dvd this year, we are switching gears to live feeds, not to say we won't produce any more, we will, just not the 09 WTC.

See you next year,

Doug

Doug if timely received your email B) and i answer it, but my email receives yours but yours nop receive mine, I also forward from my Yahoo account, please Take it, The live broadcast and the work on the site are great too, sorry for me on not DVD this year :( , thanks see you next year :) .

Sorry and well done for all racers and host club..

Would like to thank Mike & Jerry for the boat. It was a lucky guess! Also would like to thank the Charleston Model Boat Club for a great race.

Thanks

Garry

Sport B (20)

2nd - Grimracer

3rd - Jay Halbrehder

4th - Karen Kensill

5th - Jerry Dunlap

6th - Randy Premo

Fast Electric (FE)

1st - Grimracer

2nd - Jerry Dunlap

3rd - Gary Geiselman

B (20 Mod)

1st - Randy Premo

3rd - Jay Halbrehder

4th - John Knight

5th - Robin Stebbins

6th - Mic Halbrehder

Sport D (40)

2nd - Jay Halbrehder

3rd - Jerry Dunlap

4th - Tony Atwell

D (40)

4th - James Beasley

5th - Don Gilbert

6th - Jon Harter

E (60)/ F (80)

2nd - Jimmy Eddlemann

3rd - James Beasley

MOD-VP

1st - Mic Halhrehder

2nd - Jay Halbrehder

3rd - Rick Glover

GAS

1st - James Beasley

2nd - Mitch Atwell Sr

3rd - Tony Atwell

I had a blast! Special thanks to Nuzum for Gas OB prop working secrets and to Tony Atwell for razzing me into raising my Gas OBs' performance level on Thursday night. Lesson learned for Tony, never ask a guy "why is your boat running so slow?"!! lol. Thanks again to all CMB memebrs for another great event. I only hope I contributed to the great atmosphere as much as other guys and gals did. I found a lot of speed this year with my nitro boats, just need to keep them on top of the water next time. Until this Fall, James Beasley

Sport B (20)

2nd - Grimracer

3rd - Jay Halbrehder

4th - Karen Kensill

5th - Jerry Dunlap

6th - Randy Premo

Fast Electric (FE)

1st - Grimracer

2nd - Jerry Dunlap

3rd - Gary Geiselman

B (20 Mod)

1st - Randy Premo

3rd - Jay Halbrehder

4th - John Knight

5th - Robin Stebbins

6th - Mic Halbrehder

Sport D (40)

2nd - Jay Halbrehder

3rd - Jerry Dunlap

4th - Tony Atwell

D (40)

4th - James Beasley

5th - Don Gilbert

6th - Jon Harter

E (60)/ F (80)

2nd - Jimmy Eddlemann

3rd - James Beasley

MOD-VP

1st - Mic Halhrehder

2nd - Jay Halbrehder

3rd - Rick Glover

GAS

1st - James Beasley

2nd - Mitch Atwell Sr

3rd - Tony Atwell

Guys,

If you attended the race in May, you may recall that Jimmy Eddleman lost 2 cowls during the race. I am happy to report that Anthony Black, our club President, who is a certified diver, went diving for those cowls and several pipes, and he recovered many formerly lost parts from the pond monsters. The cowls are on the way back to Jimmy now. He DID NOT have any flotation in either cowl so give it to him!!

John

somebody's knee must be getting better, just trying to start something here? :p

always nice to have a diver in the club!!

tim

Thanks John and Anthony. The Cowls arrived yesterday. I got to say this was the first race that I ever lost a cowl but I lost a spare one also Two in one weekend. Almost thought about leaving it off. I was able to reset the hull in a couple heats to get the speed and handling back. I am looking forward to being there next year and will not loose a cowl. See ya soon Jimmy

somebody's knee must be getting better, just trying to start something here?
tongue.gif

always nice to have a diver in the club!!

tim

Knee is getting better but MUCH too slow recovery time for my liking. May have something to due with my age now and not like I recovered 30 years ago with a torn up ankle. Just have to be very careful when chasing after my 3 year old grandson. Got a good report from my surgeon this week and was released to my own devices.

Jimmy - put some flotation in those cowls so you will not repeat this again.

Anthony Black is truely one of the good guys in this hobby. If he reads this, he probally call me a bloody brown noser, :lol: :lol: Looking forward to the Charleston race in Oct. B) B)

Latest posts

Back