Winston Eagle

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Buckmaster

Just aquired the Winston Eagle Lobster Boat. Boat needs repainting. Would like some photo's of the boat, paint codes and decals if availble and any assistance on setting up this boat correctly.

Brett Buckmaster said:
Just aquired the Winston Eagle Lobster Boat. Boat needs repainting. Would like some photo's of the boat, paint codes and decals if availble and any assistance on setting up this boat correctly.
92721[/snapback]

Brett-

P/M me your direct e-mail address. I have the lobster boat & collected quite a bit of "stuff" for it including a bunch of pics. :)

Brett Buckmaster said:
92721[/snapback]

Brett, would that Winston be one of My Winston Eagle boats? All epoxy glass parts, radiobox built in? May be a RC Marine designs lable in the floor of the radio box.

There was the Winston I raced floating around for sale, it had some banged up sponsons and a hole thru the bottom of the hull into the radio box. Is this that boat?

I have setup info i can email if it is a RC Marine boat.

http://rcmarinedesigns.20megsfree.com/ this is the web pages look for the scale hydro section

PHIL THOMAS

Last edited by a moderator:
P THOMAS said:
Brett Buckmaster said:
92721[/snapback]

Brett, would that Winston be one of My Winston Eagle boats? All epoxy glass parts, radiobox built in? May be a RC Marine designs lable in the floor of the radio box.

There was the Winston I raced floating around for sale, it had some banged up sponsons and a hole thru the bottom of the hull into the radio box. Is this that boat?

I have setup info i can email if it is a RC Marine boat.

http://rcmarinedesigns.20megsfree.com/ this is the web pages look for the scale hydro section

PHIL THOMAS

92734[/snapback]

Phil,

This boat was built by a Aussie boat builder. There seems to be some confusion about the paint colours so I'm trying to get it right!!

Brett Buckmaster said:
This boat was built by a Aussie boat builder. There seems to be some confusion about the paint colours so I'm trying to get it right!!
92800[/snapback]

There is nothing to confuse, the boat was never painted red. :) It was a fluorecent orange which did not photograph well back then with certain films that were currently available. Depending on film type & speed many pictures made the boat appear red but it was not. There is a guy who has extensive unlimited hydro pics on his website & even talks about this effect & shows the differences in the Winston pics taken with 2 different films & speeds, I'll try to dig up the link. B)

Yes I have a poster of the boat and it looks cherry red.

Don what color and paint is correct? HOC neon red? PHIL

P THOMAS said:
Yes  I have a poster of the boat and it looks cherry  red.  Don  what color and paint is correct?  HOC neon red?  PHIL

92821[/snapback]

To the true scale guys the color is SEM's Stop Light and you add it to the clear and spray it over the white base. Yes, Don is correct in that the color didn't photograph well. Thats why some pictures show it as red and others show it as orange.

Ralph

The true color was House of Color Neon Red...Some pictures showed it red others orange becaues it tended to fade in the sun..The boat had to be painted every month to keep it red...

Roy Munoz said:
The true color was House of Color Neon Red...Some pictures showed it red others orange becaues it tended to fade in the sun..The boat had to be painted every month to keep it red...
93080[/snapback]

Yes it faded like crazy..... but it was not red. I have about 25 or 30 pics from various test sessions & also I have a vast collection of Winston Eagle stuff like hats, shirts, posters, waterbottles, press release kit, buttons, etc. etc, most released by RJ Reynolds who sponsored the boat & basically everything is flourescent orange. The only stuff I have in the collection that's red is unauthorized or non licensed from RJR. I also had the opportunity a while back to exchange a couple e-mails with a guy from the late Steve Woomer's U-10 team. One thing he told me was they were thrilled when the U-10 got the Smokin' Joe's paint scheme as they absolutely hated trying to match the Winston orange paint during repairs & modifications (his words). B)

And I found the links from the guy who talks about different films. Pay close attention to what he says under the pics, ESPECIALLY the 2nd one-

http://community.webshots.com/photo/41542200/41542404ClYCuy

http://community.webshots.com/photo/41542200/41542411uvyKxI

And here's a shot of the first test session with rear sponsons added. You tell me what color it is-

My wife and I were given the chance to work for Steve Woomer at the San Diego race, and he told me that that color was H O C neon red..This was in 1990..He was a grate guy to talk to and spend time with..After the race that weekend he gave me the flags that they flew above there pit area..The ones with the Gold Eagle on them..I gave one to a good friend and keep the other one along with there race banner ..

Thanks Gents,

Paint is House of Colour Neon Red.

Anyone know of decal availbility?

Any photo's of boat could you please email them to [email protected]

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!! :D :D

Latest posts

Back