Wildest Design Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

This one wins it in my book, My question is did anybody own one or have the chance to see one run?

Here it is:

Carbon Proteous with a NR SS OB conversion - maybe Donald Trump owned the one in the picture? :rolleyes:

Hey Gary,

Dats correct, A pricey outfit fer sure :lol:

Just wonderin how tha hull did performance wise,

Gene :D

Oh Hey,

If anyone have some pics of way different design tunnels, Id like to see what ya got ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
well cool boat. :ph34r:

does it still qualify as a tunnel with such a small area connecting the sponsons to the main hull?

Hey Bob,

Yea there is not much actual tunnel area there, Dang thang had to be fast thou ;)

Bob why doesn't tthe pictured tunnel qualify as a tunnel? if the tunnel was extended all the way back to the end of the sponsons would that make it qualified?

Per- IMPBA rulebook "g. Tunnel Hulls: The tunnel hull will have two continuous keels or "sponsons", thus creating a tunnel or air trap along the length of the hull."

This one qualifies. It's a FOF, (fibreglass over foam) designed and built by Steve Hamilton from the california bay area back in the late 70's. I iherited the boat and raced it a couple years. The sponson ride surfaces were concave. Was'nt very fast but it sure did handle well.

View attachment 2813

KEWL pic Jack ;)

Yep thats a different design fer sure........I like Em,

Anyone have any others?

Googles? :lol:

Rodney where do ya come up with these names? :p

Names...

"Goggles Piazano" was the alias Fred Flintsone used when he became a race car driver, so that his boss Mr. Slate wouldn't know he was skipping work, or maybe it was to keep the secret from Wilma...(true story)

Garrett

I'm so sorry :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: about the last 3 post wasn't intentional, my keyboard keep hanging. Everything is good now but my pocket are dry. :( I own the same hull ( PROTEUS 3.5cc Tunnel ) from AE Composites. with the same setup motor and pipe. I've not been able to run it successfully. Could someone help me. :) Thank Ezzy.

Thank you snowdog, but i could not find anything that would help me with the type of hull that i have. I really appreceiate your time and advice. Thank again Ezzy :)

Back