Who Needs a Neu....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now if you pay attention you will see that these motors are NOT made in the USA. .
And they should be very careful if they intend to sell these motors in California. We have a VERY stringent definition of what "Made in the USA" means and several companies, like Castle, Horizon and others have been sued and lost (actually they settled before court) for not meeting the standard. So Bill, I think you need to be careful about the representations you make as a sponsored person about this issue, especially you being in the Great State of California.

I've been having a great time with these motors, and enjoy sharing my experiences with others who've tried one!

It makes a Traxxas Revo hit a complete backflip from a dead stop!!! I mean the truck didn't move a foot of distance, just leaped up and did a complete backflip off the line!!!

Have a great day felloe boaters..

Last edited by a moderator:
Now if you pay attention you will see that these motors are NOT made in the USA. .
And they should be very careful if they intend to sell these motors in California. We have a VERY stringent definition of what "Made in the USA" means and several companies, like Castle, Horizon and others have been sued and lost (actually they settled before court) for not meeting the standard. So Bill, I think you need to be careful about the representations you make as a sponsored person about this issue, especially you being in the Great State of California.

Ok, let's make something very clear.. Bill, Jay, To end your concern of misrepresentation, please re-read my post and note that I stated "AMERICAN BASED"

which they indeed are..

I appreciate your warning me Bill, but I think you need to practice better comprehension of what you read ;) Have a great week..

OK, I'm gonna' let the cat out of the bag..There's a new kid in town.. A 4-pole motor american based that cost less than HALF the price of a NEU that will perform IDENTICAL if not a tic BETTER..

Truggie, and plane guys are all over 'em many having replaced their Neu motors with them having GAINED performance

Introducing: MEDUSA RESEARCH http://www.medusaproducts.com/motors/036-V2.htm Get a load of their prices!!

Testimonials, and data: http://www.flyupyours.com/heli/dpr/neuvsmedusa4s.htm The tests are on smaller motors, but give an idea of the quality

I hope this helps..

Hey Bill,

I'm going to check those out... We're always looking for alternatives and lower cost options around here. We know where the high-end is, now we're looking around to see how close we can get to it with the mid to lower ends of things! B) These look like they should be considered... Ultimately, we already know that it's going to come down to how well you tune your package anyhow... not just the motor...

Thanks for sharing... :)

I appreciate your warning me Bill, but I think you need to practice better comprehension of what you read ;) Have a great week..
Fair enough. Castle, ThunderPower, Horizon and several others got caught up in the nuance between American based and American made with our wonderful California legal system. That was my only point. Sorry if that point got lost.

I find it intresting that they compare a MEDUSA-3400KV (NOT EVEN ON THERE LIST) with a

NEU 1107-3400KV

How many boats would run a NEU-1107 size motor??

A little small in motor mass to disapate heat in a boat, Unless you are talking Micro boats.

Larry

I ordered a 036-050-4800 for testing. It should be here Saturday. If the claims are true it should be roughly equivalent to the 1509/1.5D in my lighter N2 sport boat. We'll see how it compares.

I'm keeping an open mind until I get to run it.

I ordered a 036-050-4800 for testing. It should be here Saturday. If the claims are true it should be roughly equivalent to the 1509/1.5D in my lighter N2 sport boat. We'll see how it compares.
I'll be bringing a small assortment of winds to LA, if you have time I'd like you to check 'em out..

I find it intresting that they compare a MEDUSA-3400KV (NOT EVEN ON THERE LIST) with aNEU 1107-3400KV

How many boats would run a NEU-1107 size motor??

A little small in motor mass to disapate heat in a boat, Unless you are talking Micro boats.

Larry
You're right, and that's why they've taken an interest in boats, to find out what we need..

OK, I'm gonna' let the cat out of the bag..There's a new kid in town.. A 4-pole motor american based that cost less than HALF the price of a NEU that will perform IDENTICAL if not a tic BETTER..

Truggie, and plane guys are all over 'em many having replaced their Neu motors with them having GAINED performance

Introducing: MEDUSA RESEARCH http://www.medusaproducts.com/motors/036-V2.htm Get a load of their prices!!

Testimonials, and data: http://www.flyupyours.com/heli/dpr/neuvsmedusa4s.htm The tests are on smaller motors, but give an idea of the quality

I hope this helps..

Hey Bill,

I'm going to check those out... We're always looking for alternatives and lower cost options around here. We know where the high-end is, now we're looking around to see how close we can get to it with the mid to lower ends of things! B) These look like they should be considered... Ultimately, we already know that it's going to come down to how well you tune your package anyhow... not just the motor...

Thanks for sharing... :)
Ok cool, the Pac NW guys are gonna' give 'em a try.. Right now, I only have the 1509 sized motor, but more will be coming..

I'm very curious to see what people get out of the motors.. They're new in our arena, and as you said it will depend on a few things..

I just can't believe someone's made a motor that can even compare to a Neu for that price.. :huh:

I thought I would add another motor for you guys to mull over;

http://www.rcdude.com/servlet/the-945/Scor...ss-Motor/Detail

I was curious to see if this outrunner would work in a 1/10 hydro-it does! Powerful magnets in this 7.8 oz 6 pole motor-cogs just like my 1515 1Y. The first thing I noticed about this little jewel is its torque. The boat ran nose down with the transom up higher than usual. Heat from the motor was my first concern because watercooling isn't an option. Not a worry. By club rules I was limited to 10 cell NiMh power and the motor never passed 100 degrees after a 4 minute heat race. The batts did get hot when I propped up from a x447 to a 51mm Graupner. I think in the off season I will try some lipos in it and prop tweaking to see what happens. Because of the spinning can, the motor has less braking action when off the throttle setting up for a turn which is kinda nice.

I just wish Scorpion could come up with a 2800-3500kv motor with the same wattage as the HK-3026-1900.

Hey Brian... Did you get a chance to test this yet?? How'd it run??

I'm not selling my black motors any time soon.

I'm hoping I actually got the wrong motor by mistake.

I'm not selling my black motors any time soon.
I'm hoping I actually got the wrong motor by mistake.
That is the first thing I thought when I ran my 1515 1Y for the first time. I sent it back to Neu and I am hoping they tell me the motor was labled wrong.

I got my Neu 1515 1Y back with all new parts in it and it is a ROCKET. I could barely keep my boat on the water today. I may have to build a new hull so that I can make better room for larger MAH packs up front....keep the nose down some and it can't hurt to have the extra capacity. Neu never did tell me what was wrong with my original but at this point I don't really care. I finally have the 1515 1Y that I heard everyone talk about!

Sure it helps Wilmer. Hmmm, I wonder who Medua Research is sponsoring these days...... :rolleyes:
I heard the same kind of claims when the Feiago motors came out - "just as good or better than a Hacker but at half the cost". Those who tried them for awhile found out the truth.

Please note that I am all for additional choices and a wider range of price/quality in BL motors. Now if you pay attention you will see that these motors are NOT made in the USA. That doesn't mean they are bad motors, just not what may have been 'implied'. After all, Hackers are great motors too - which was the whole point of this thread.

And Hackers ain't made in Germany either! hehe.

Sure it helps Wilmer. Hmmm, I wonder who Medua Research is sponsoring these days...... :rolleyes:
I heard the same kind of claims when the Feiago motors came out - "just as good or better than a Hacker but at half the cost". Those who tried them for awhile found out the truth.

Please note that I am all for additional choices and a wider range of price/quality in BL motors. Now if you pay attention you will see that these motors are NOT made in the USA. That doesn't mean they are bad motors, just not what may have been 'implied'. After all, Hackers are great motors too - which was the whole point of this thread.

And Hackers ain't made in Germany either! hehe.

The Medusa motor in Question isn't of the proper KV to do an accurate 2s test :D

I expect great things, but what do I know? :rolleyes: I've only got like 14 SAWS records on book..

I've learned that sometimes companies with great development capabillities rely on end user reports to find out what that particullar faction needs..

Wouldn't discred so fast or fierce..

They have wind capabillities, and that there makes for KV and KT and well..

I'll just have to show as I always do.. :D

Back