Who made this Hull?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aldana

Please let me your opinions about it,

have 37 ¨

Who make it a what is the tunnel name?

Thanks

New photos, please tell me. believe it is a Savage or maybe a copy, I hope your opinion guys?

IMG00297-20110823-1626.jpg

IMG00302-20110823-1645.jpg

IMG00303-20110823-1645.jpg

IMG00304-20110823-1646.jpg

IMG00306-20110823-1647.jpg

IMG00309-20110823-1648.jpg

IMG00310-20110823-1648.jpg

IMG00307-20110823-1647.jpg

IMG00308-20110823-1648.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be mistaken but that looks like a VH Hornet. I have one they are really fun hulls and handle rougher water real well. I have a manual and setup info in you need it too. Any chance you could take a pic of the bottom and with the cowl off?

Isn't that a Prather tunnel???

A Prather Lapcat 2. Way back made by Pratherproducts, don't exist anymore.

Ronald

Lapcat cowls are alot different than the one on that boat.........not a lapcat............ Doesn't even look like the Hornet, at least not the one's I have seen...

There were two variations of the Hornet. It had the short nose like in the pic. It was called a "Savage". The Savage actually came before the Hornet.

/B

Certainly looks like a Savage/Hornet, maybe a splash? Is it carbon Fiber or?

New photos, please tell me. believe it is a Savage or maybe a copy, I hope your opinion guys?,

Prefer 1 servo 1 / 4 scale or 2 HT to move a K & B HR PRO?

thanks

that's a Savage.

Where did you get it? The tank area is not cut out. That is a sure sign of a splash. :eek:

A guy on Ebay had this and he said he bought it in a race, sold several boats I buy this for my first project with a K & BRH45PRO, he does not know who makes it or the brand, I guess is a copy. Sounds good at least made the pontoons are straight but must be cleaned and painted. You know how a hull weighs these? Thanks Bill!

I have that same hull and I run a dual steering servo setup in it. I believe that a good 1/4 scale could power it no problem, but I like having the two servos so that if one fails the boat isn't completely without steering. I think there are some templates for the servo setup in that email that I sent you.

I have that same hull and I run a dual steering servo setup in it. I believe that a good 1/4 scale could power it no problem, but I like having the two servos so that if one fails the boat isn't completely without steering. I think there are some templates for the servo setup in that email that I sent you.

Thanks Stu, i start to build this baby!! I will show the advance! :)

that's a Savage.

Where did you get it? The tank area is not cut out. That is a sure sign of a splash. :eek:
That's not a Savage. That looks like somebody's own attempt at making a hull by mixing several together. The stumble blocks and the cowling are the only things that are the same as the Savage. On a Savage the sponsons are raised from the deck like a Hornet about a good inch or more and on the left sponson there should be 3 different angles on the sponson when looking at it from the rear. I have an authentic Savage from Carl so I'll see if I can post some picks later showing the difference between the two hulls.

It almost looks like they tried to copy a Lynx or a Shaman if you look at the picture of the rear of the hull. I'm not sure what to label that boat except for "custom."

~Mitch

that's a Savage.

That's not a Savage. That looks like somebody's own attempt at making a hull by mixing several together. The stumble blocks and the cowling are the only things that are the same as the Savage. On a Savage the sponsons are raised from the deck like a Hornet about a good inch or more and on the left sponson there should be 3 different angles on the sponson when looking at it from the rear. I have an authentic Savage from Carl so I'll see if I can post some picks later showing the difference between the two hulls.

It almost looks like they tried to copy a Lynx or a Shaman if you look at the picture of the rear of the hull. I'm not sure what to label that boat except for "custom."

~Mitch
Actually if you look at Stuart Bowen's gallery of his Savage you can see some of the differences between the two boats:

gallery_10747_1169_23219.jpg

Notice how much wider the sponsons are on Bowen's boat than on the boat that is pictured here

~Mitch

Aldana,

I have looked at your pictures. The boat in the picture is most likely a copy as most of the fine details have been smoothed down. This is typical of a boat that has been copied or has been poorly repaired. I designed the AeroTech SR-40 in the mid 80's. In the early 90's the Savage and Tommy Lee's XT was head to head at most races around the southeast. We found that the Savage was faster than the XT down the straight but around the track it was at a disadvantage when raced with a good XT because in order to keep it down in race water, you had to load it with a ton of lead and then you picked up problems in the turns. The fix was to add length to the nose so that we could run our weight further forward thus not needing as much to trim the boat. When this was done, the new boat was called the Hornet.

The "Kool" boat in Mitch Jr's pictures was Karl Hinton's boat.

Be careful buying used boats. They may never run like the original if they have been modified.

Good luck,

-Carl

Latest posts

Back