Who Is Using What Radios ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spektrum DX3R-Pro, and now the DX4R-Pro (wheel radios). Combined with the SR200 or SR3000 RX's, they've been flawless in my boats since 2008... which have included FE, Nitro, and two Gas monos...

One issue, however, for Nitro boats might be the lack of the 3rd channel on the RX for the Marine specific receivers. However, this can be corrected by running one of the newer SR-series Car receivers, which are also conformal coated now ("water-resistant"). Plus the new RX's have the DSM-X, which further improves on the signal quality.

Futaba 3PM-X for budget minded or those that feel less options is easier. It is not of coarse. The 3PKS, 4PKS type radio navigation with Jog button is MUCH easier and faster

Higher end radios that are popular now are the Futaba 4PKS-R or soon the Futaba PX this can modulate in FASST or two types of FHHS including the telemetry when used with R304SB receiver .

http://kentech.blogs.se/2014/04/30/futaba-4px-first-spyshot-18345564/

Airtronics has some new radio's and receivers that appear to be quality pieces. They have a truly WATERPROOF receiver that looks tough as nails.

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/receivers/2-4ghz-surface-receivers/airtronics-rx-37w-receiver-waterproof-2-4ghz-fh-2-3ch.html

AirtronicsWaterproof.png

hello, which r/c has a 3rd channel for mixture control? last one I had was a futaba 3vc but now wanting 2.4 system, not bothered what make of rc,

thanks ray

Sadly, twice this season, I have pitted for guys that have had their Spektrum pistol radios glitch badly. I believe both were lower end or older and DSM2. I do not believe they were DSMX or DSMR which are frequency hopping and frequency spreading. The second guy (who has been in boating 7 plus years) couldn't hardly believe it, (it was a brand new radio). I thought everybody knew the non frequency hopping weren't working in fuel powered boats. I have many friends that fly Spektrums in large gas planes and are extremely happy with their radios.

Sadly, twice this season, I have pitted for guys that have had their Spektrum pistol radios glitch badly. I believe both were lower end or older and DSM2. I do not believe they were DSMX or DSMR which are frequency hopping and frequency spreading. The second guy (who has been in boating 7 plus years) couldn't hardly believe it, (it was a brand new radio). I thought everybody knew the non frequency hopping weren't working in fuel powered boats. I have many friends that fly Spektrums in large gas planes and are extremely happy with their radios.
If it's anything older than the DX3S with the MARINE symbol on it, and an MR200 or MR3000 RX, then I would expect to have issues. They simply didn't work over water. It's unfortunate, because it's given them a bad rep on their new stuff, which, by almost all accounts, works flawlessly.

I use the Futaba 4pl i love this radio . I bought it about 3 1/2 years ago and had no issues .

If it's anything older than the DX3S with the MARINE symbol on it, and an MR200 or MR3000 RX, then I would expect to have issues. They simply didn't work over water. It's unfortunate, because it's given them a bad rep on their new stuff, which, by almost all accounts, works flawlessly.
So if I buy the MR3000 RX, this should fix my issue that I 'm having. I have had a issue were I lost control just for a second then came back and work fine. The radio is a DX3C I don't remeber what the RX is but I know It is not a MR3000. I think it's a sr301.

So if I buy the MR3000 RX, this should fix my issue that I 'm having. I have had a issue were I lost control just for a second then came back and work fine. The radio is a DX3C I don't remeber what the RX is but I know It is not a MR3000. I think it's a sr301.
If you are running any of the SR-series RXs, then absolutely. An MR200 or an MR3000 (if you only need connections for a single servo for throttle and steering, I'd opt for the MR200. Both are only 2-channel, but the MR3000 has two sets of connections.) will hook you up and won't let you go!

You have a good quality "budget" transmitter, and it will work perfectly with either of the MR-series RXs.

Food for thought..

I understand the need for a less expensive radio. I get that other companies are making 2.4systems that “just” meet the needs. Some users are OK with that..

Futaba has been using 2.4G in there heavy equipment for years. They understood early on the value of frequency hopping.

To me this is Radio Boat Racing. The VERY last place I am going to sacrifice quality and a link to the boat is by buying a “lesser System”. To me.. it’s just not where I feel “Saving Money”. I take GREAT PRIDE in my choice of a radio system.

Futaba offers a number of systems that work well for us, some are just over kill…lol. The best news however is ALL THE SYSTEMS are proving to be DEAD reliable over water and I for one have not had an issue due to interference or a lack of “link”.

Futaba has a new marketing deal going that simply says “TRUST”.. Seems fitting doesn’t it!

Grimracer

ONLY ONE.. TRUST.. FUTABA!

Amen Mike and some companys also make you buy a marine reciever after you have paid all that money to have the right stuff

Spektrum DX3R-Pro, and now the DX4R-Pro (wheel radios). Combined with the SR200 or SR3000 RX's, they've been flawless in my boats since 2008... which have included FE, Nitro, and two Gas monos...
Sorry, Guys... the "SR" in the above receiver designations are typos... I meant MR200 and MR3000... Sorry for the typo.. happens from this **** phone posting sometimes...
default_smile.png

Back