Who has interest D-3 1 DAY Races

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can check with the fe guys in Sarasota to see how many of them would run. I know the issue for most of them before was only having one class to run. I was always fine running one boat becaused I stayed busy enough pitting for others that I didn't get bored. I thing combing the Stock nitro classes with the spec powered boats can work as I believe other clubs have done this around the country. A lot of those guys run spec hydrostatic and spec riggers as well as p-mono. I have a p and a q tunnel that are waiting to be built along with a q offshore that is ready to run. A large number of those guys have q offshor boats as well I just don't know how they would do running against the larger gas boats. I would be willing to give it a shot though

Jeff, not that I run FE I have heard that there is a lot more P Spec from the Ft Pierce club. Therefore Open FE would be a tough class to fill. Just more input. I've told Mike to run with this as I'm out of town a lot. I will attempt to make as many races as possible although ends of the month are lots better for me.

Andy, would there be a difference between open nitro hydro and open nitro rigger? Or inclusive?

Mike, would we want to make all the Gas Classes Open? Since we have a good discussion going on here what does the consensus want? GX1 or open?

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy, would there be a difference between open nitro hydro and open nitro rigger? Or inclusive?

Mike, would we want to make all the Gas Classes Open? Since we have a good discussion going on here what does the consensus want? GX1 or open?
Yep , my bad - corrected it- open nitro rigger 60 and up . My thought there is the 20/40 boats are pretty close in size and speed and lumping the rest (60-up) are pretty close in speeds and sizes.

I dont run gas so thats between those that do- IMHO thats whats gonna make this work. Letting the racers dictate the classes offered- give em a chance.

If they dont make from there combine or dump em.

Hopefully Sunday will allow a little useful discussion.

Andy

Andy, I'm glad to read about this (one day races). Imho just run the race in any club that wants to run it and forget about it. Offer all classes and let the racers who register govern the classes that eventually will run (using the 3 entries min rule). I will go to any race on a Sunday than over 3 days weekend D3 race. :)

Andy, I'm glad to read about this (one day races). Imho just run the race in any club that wants to run it and forget about it. Offer all classes and let the racers who register govern the classes that eventually will run (using the 3 entries min rule). I will go to any race on a Sunday than over 3 days weekend D3 race. :)
Thats about the smartest thing I have heard so far quite frankly, thank you Angel, tell little Andy I said hey, miss you guys. ;)

Thats about the smartest thing I have heard so far quite frankly, thank you Angel, tell little Andy I said hey, miss you guys. ;)
Ditto, Andy! See ya at the WinterNats. I will take Andy to next year WinterNats. He's begging me to take him! :D

Angel, In the past we have offered almost all of the classes offered for a 2 day D3 race and after the 1st race, those were the classes that became part of the race series for that year. A club could offer more classes if they chose to, but any classes that didn't make from the 1st race, were not part of the race series. To have a successful and meaningful race series, you have to have a cogent list of classes that reflect scores for all 4 races in the series. That is the reason why it is important to have a fixed list of classes, that way everyone knows what class they can count on for the entire race series.

We are NOT trying to re-invent the WCRA...just improve the standard classes for the race series, based on many years of records for the most popular classes and adding in some FE stuff, so those guys can run their boats too.

In any type RC event you enter, the classes that are offered are what is offered...it is impossible to please everyone, but I believe with this new class lineup, we are very close. I suggest we give it a try for 2013 and move on from there...change is good.

I agree as well, think its time to have nitro only events..as I think this will motivate those that are on the fence to dust off those boats and be a part of the action!

Even if we start with one day events..it won't be long before we have to go to two..and this will also allow us to get creative w-the formats as well.

count me in!

Elias

There is more than enough boats in Fl to make nitro only races.

one day events would be great or even a 2 day with a short second day would be better.

when racing at Melbourne thy always have a lunch break for a hour.

I like racing this way. Going to lunch with friends is always a treat.

Never rushed and always out early on Sunday.

Those that have bin at there races will know what I mean always a fun time for all and also for the club.

Trying to jam all the heats in that are needed for a Gas and nitro combined race takes lots of time and effort.

If you ever spent 5 days from sun up to sun down in a retrieve boat you know what I mean.

I think we need to explore this option this year.

just my 2.

David

Quality discussion gentlemen , trimming the fat and leaving the nitro racers options is the key IMHO .

I agree with Tom- let the masses decide, that said, there are some classes in that mile long list that cloud go/be combined or flat out dropped.

Just food for thought-

A / B Nitro Hydro

Open Nitro Hyrdo after that- Gas open Hydro - F/E Open Hydro .

Combine A Stock Tunnel/Modvp and poss A MOD .

At this time dump sp20/sp40 and Open elect- until they can prove there are viable classes again.( I have a sp 40 btw)

Make a specific open nitro mono and open gas mono class.

Consider a B-Tunnel only class- mod and stock combined- who is really running a true stock motor in B stock :rolleyes:

Andy
I'm glad that we this thing rolling. I like Tom's idea. Let's make it happen! :ph34r:

Angel, In the past we have offered almost all of the classes offered for a 2 day D3 race and after the 1st race, those were the classes that became part of the race series for that year. A club could offer more classes if they chose to, but any classes that didn't make from the 1st race, were not part of the race series. To have a successful and meaningful race series, you have to have a cogent list of classes that reflect scores for all 4 races in the series. That is the reason why it is important to have a fixed list of classes, that way everyone knows what class they can count on for the entire race series.

We are NOT trying to re-invent the WCRA...just improve the standard classes for the race series, based on many years of records for the most popular classes and adding in some FE stuff, so those guys can run their boats too.

In any type RC event you enter, the classes that are offered are what is offered...it is impossible to please everyone, but I believe with this new class lineup, we are very close. I suggest we give it a try for 2013 and move on from there...change is good.

Mr. President you got my vote! LOL. Mike I agree 100% with what you posted.

The idea for 2 separate WCRA series has been kicked around, I.E. (2) Nitro only races & (2) gas only races, then a combined championship race at the end of the year, where everyone meets up in one place to decide the champions for both nitro & gas. The final race would rotate between the clubs involved.

If this is what is needed and wanted in the district, then let's make it happen.

Open for discussion...ready...set...go !

I certainly think nitro or gas only races are viable options as both would have decent turnouts and the races would be more manageable. Some of the keys involved would be working together to avoid conflicts in dates, granted they could be run on consecutive weekends, but I think they should be spread out some. This would allow those that run both to do so, and it MAY JUST add new racers to either side. Obviously Dates to avoid are going to be Tunnel Championships/Spring Nats /Fall Nats the Grand Prix series in D-12 if you want to draw travelers and of course the D3 schedule.

Andy B is doing his hydro only deal in 2013 and we plan on having at least one outboard only race at Brandon for sure, poss two and a specialty race of our own tossed in. Stay tuned- still working on that one.

Andy

Here is a (4) race schedule that might work.

Brandon Club...1st race- last Sunday in Feb. 2013

Gulf Coast Club...2nd race- last Sunday in March 2013

Brandon Club...3rd race - last Sunday in September 2013

Gulf Coast Club...4th race- last Sunday in October 2013

As memory serves the Twin Shootout is normally near the end of March at Brandon , and I have every intention of holding the Stewart race again during the same dates as this year(last weekend of oct) Not that it effects you much- just pointing it out.

Andy

That Twin Shootout was March 17-18 this year.

As memory serves the Twin Shootout is normally near the end of March at Brandon , and I have every intention of holding the Stewart race again during the same dates as this year(last weekend of oct) Not that it effects you much- just pointing it out.

Andy

This is just a discussion here...I don't think splitting the races is the right direction. I for one would rather have (4) races to attend than just (2).

Here is a (4) race schedule that might work.

Brandon Club...1st race- last Sunday in Feb. 2013

Gulf Coast Club...2nd race- last Sunday in March 2013

Brandon Club...3rd race - last Sunday in September 2013

Gulf Coast Club...4th race- last Sunday in October 2013

If anyone sees a conflict with any other major races, please post here.

Back