Who has interest D-3 1 DAY Races

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Okay - there has been plenty of talk here and there but nobody has REALLY run with the idea in the last year or so,

and its long overdue, I'm sure Im not alone in this thought...............

(thats right-its time for you closet boys to speak out :huh: )

Why dont we have a One Day Series ????

Several attempts have been made to re-kindle the WCRA Series, but frankly the class exclusions by they few that where willing to try to make the effort- killed it imho. -_- No open this/open that - offer all the old classes and let the racers decide what makes and go from there. I get the general consensus that it really doesnt matter if we are racing for a trophy / ribbon or bragging rights , we just want to race -in the format that once was - in our backyards without having to add the expense of travel. Those that raced the WCRA Series when Tpa/Brandon/Orlando where in rotation may recall how fun those races where.

SO HOW BOUT IT ?????

Andy

The old Open mono and Open hydro format seemed to work well . Of course there are periods of lack of interest etc that led to it being dropped but i say offer it and see what happens .

I was hoping you guys would start up the one day racing again...I think people will show up for them again. I know several people just here in Jax. alone that would show.

Since i have to work on Sat. now we might come up after work and race. Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an effort worth looking into and discussing, but, I cant and wont try and do it alone. To make a true series again, there's gonna need to be some give and take- some hurt feeling shelved and a cumulative effort by the existing clubs to do it properly.

If that can't happen, I still think its worth looking into AT LEAST trying to hold one or two races next year after the schedule is announced. If we can get **** near 60 nitro tunnels for a outboard only race- I know the interest exists...........

Andy

Andy instead of racing each race for a trophy or medallion keep the points for every race then have trophys at the end of the year for each class i think it would make for some great racing. Robert

Only if I can run my sport Hydro in open offshore again....lol those who were there for the show knew it was a blast...

I know also here at the orlando culvert dodger we have talked and are getting are lake site squared up then I know we have club guys that will like to have a one day race again. Either way I would travel a hour for a one day race and Im sure I can bring several club members to join in a one day event as well.

Only if I can run my sport Hydro in open offshore again....lol those who were there for the show knew it was a blast...

I know also here at the orlando culvert dodger we have talked and are getting are lake site squared up then I know we have club guys that will like to have a one day race again. Either way I would travel a hour for a one day race and Im sure I can bring several club members to join in a one day event as well.
Thats the kind of stuff I like to hear Raul - and yeah that is the kind of fun stuff I miss about the series, a heat to remember :p

Glad to hear Orlando is on board , lets keeps this going forward, its in all our best interest.

Eric or Mike ??

Andy

I have travelled 3 hours one way many times for one day events. Makes a long day but doesn't take a whole weekend out. Part of the expense of overnight here in Florida is prices are premium at times especially on the east coast. After paying for fuel, car and boats a $80-$100 room is a deterent.

As we have tried to do with an outboard only race what if clubs all tried one specialty race a year away from the regular points schedule. Either gas.nitro or tunnels have enough boats to fill a one day with some competative heats worth driving for. Not trying to divide anyone up but trying to run 30 plus classes in a day cuts the number of heats. Driving a couple hours for a 4-5 heat race adds incentive. Just a thought.

Mic

I have travelled 3 hours one way many times for one day events. Makes a long day but doesn't take a whole weekend out. Part of the expense of overnight here in Florida is prices are premium at times especially on the east coast. After paying for fuel, car and boats a $80-$100 room is a deterent.

As we have tried to do with an outboard only race what if clubs all tried one specialty race a year away from the regular points schedule. Either gas.nitro or tunnels have enough boats to fill a one day with some competative heats worth driving for. Not trying to divide anyone up but trying to run 30 plus classes in a day cuts the number of heats. Driving a couple hours for a 4-5 heat race adds incentive. Just a thought.

Mic
Mic, if you look at the schedule for the upcoming spring race at GCRC u might have the opportunity to race all your classes in one day

I mentioned to John Otto if there is enough interest we can add classes as long as they can meet the 5 boat min.

The classes had been reworked and agreed on by all clubs, the only issue was getting any response from other clubs, to finalize race dates. There really isn't much to be done. The proposed changes to the dates where to move the race series to the last sunday of the month we wanted to have races. Then have a 6-8 race series, depending on what clubs wanted to participate. I have all the info sitting here and would be glad to publish it so everyone can see what we were trying to do. There were no classes being excluded in the changes.

Mike how bout a 4 race series between Brandon and Gulfcoast ? keep it simple until Orlando and poss Tpa can get squared away,

offer all the nitro /gas/fe classes and see where it goes? Use 2013 as a test bed for a stronger future series? It certainly beats nothing. We can trim classes that dont make as we go and get a true feel for who REALLY wants to race what, that way when all the clubs will have an established format that draws boats and racers. Hell I would ride to Space Coast just to add another club if they reciprocated. Just tossing ideas. Potentially 5 clubs within 3 hrs -_-

Andy

This is what I sent out last year to the clubs that wanted to participate in the WCRA, look it over and give me your comments.

In an effort to consolidate classes so there are more boats per class, allow more people to participate and improve competition, here is a proposed list of classes that should be offered for the 2012 WCRA Race Series, these would be the standard and only classes offered for all clubs participating in the WCRA race series. Please e-mail back to me with your comments and reasons for changes, so we can all get on the same page and move forward. This type of format will also allow the series to offer a plaque for 1st, 2nd & 3rd for the year end points and make it affordable for all the clubs to chip in to purchase them. I would also propose that the clubs DO NOT offer awards at each race...just the year end plaques. Even though some clubs/people that may be ok financially, there are some that are not and we need to be sensitive to this in these tough economic times. We need to move forward with decisions as early as possible, so we can promote the series in a way it should be. I also would like to propose that we move the race dates to the LAST Sunday of the months we choose for the races, this will help eliminate last years conflicts with holidays. As you will notice the race dates proposed for 2012 have NO conflicts with holidays, so that should help improve attendance. Please review these dates and e-mail your input as to any changes/conflicts with major races within 500 miles of Florida.

See below for the proposed new class structure.

2012 WCRA Proposed Classes - 18 Total

1) A Stock Tunnel (Nitro only)

2) A mod / P-Spec Tunnel (A Mod Nitro & P-Spec electric)

3) Open Tunnel (Includes All Power types)

4) A-Spec mono (Includes A Nitro and P-Spec Electric Monos)

5) B / P mono (Includes B Nitro and P Electric Monos)

6) Open Mono (Includes All Power types)

7) Open Cat (Includes All Power types)

8) Open Offshore (Includes All Power types)

9) Open Hydro (Includes All Power types)

10) Open Rigger (Includes All Power types)

11) A / Spec Hydro (Includes A Nitro and P-Spec Electric Hydros)

12) B / P Hydro (Includes B Nitro and P Electric Hydros)

13) A / Spec Rigger (Includes A Nitro and P-Spec Electric Riggers)

14) B / P Rigger (Includes B Nitro and P Electric Riggers)

15) MOD VP (Nitro only)

16) Jersey Skiff (Gas Only)

17) Superboat Offshore (Includes All Power types and any mono or cat hull 54"-60")

18) Thunderboat (gas only)

Back