Which tunnel is best for sport?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flying Pilgrim

I am trying to decide on my next 3.5 tunnel project and I'm wondering what the concensus is for the best hull kit. I have a wooden Hot Shot Sprint and MRP Falcon already. I'm considering the Dunlap 27 or maybe the Villan. Engine will be stock K&B 3.5 or TT. Sport running, not racing, looking for stability and maneuverability in both directions.

Input?? :D

Well I hear that new Cheeta Tunnel is one fastassumbeachie!!!!!!! :eek:

No really, with a stock motor, it dont get much better than the Villain from Mike Z.

Slide 8)

For sport running, I think the J.D. WOF 3.5 Tunnel would make a good hull. It's 29" long. Without question, the best wood kit available for a 3.5 stock boat is the Villain.

J.D.

Hi

If you're going to run sport with a stock type motor and may be tempted to race later (aren't we all sooner or later) you probably couldn't do much better than a Villian. Has the wins on the board and the designer is readily available here. There are a lot of good boats out there though, probably depends on whether you want to build or run - the HTB's are very good glass boats.

cheers

GT 8)

Go to eBay, there is a partially built "Rare" :eek: Villan up for auction now with fuel tank. If oyu want a fast building ABS hulled tunnel, I really liked my DPI's. Together in a few hours minus paint.

That's a DPI 3.5. The paint job is easy to do. Lay on a base coat ( the white), then put on torn strips of masking tape over the front. Put on the second color, do the tape again and then spray on the third color. After it has all dried, I chisel-cut a Sharpie pen and did shaky jagged lines between the colors which are hard to see in the photo. This was done with Lustercote spray bombs. The center color, Teal, does not photograph well for some odd reason.

Another similar technique that I've used is to tear small to medium sized pieces of masking tape in various shapes and put these on over a main color then spray on a dark color. It gives the effect of the hull "breaking up" after the tape is removed. Cobwebbing paint if you can still find it gives an added effect before taking off the tape.

Back