Which Prop yo start with

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davetheacguy

I built a 24 inch old school round nose hydroplane. I got the boat at a Yard sell. It came with ESC and motor and Battery. Best I could tell ESC was toast. So picked up ESC and motor on Ebay. I installed a Futaba radio and tested everything. It all seems to work on the bench. This is Not My first rodeo ! I've built many Many Nitro boats over the years. I guess I should add it's a 7.2 volt battery and Motor. So to make a long story short ! What Props should I start with. Now I have many Props, But all are for larger Nitro Boats. The shaft is 3/16 if that matters ? Oh, If You could give Me prop sizes by Name ?

I.E. Octura x438 Thanks dave

We can't give you meaningful suggestions without knowing the Kv of the motor. That, the brand/model and the motor dimensions will determine what props make sense. No other way to do it, far too many variables.

24"is a small boat running 2S(7,4v)...well you can stick to a 28 serie motor with medium kv to start and props in the 30-32mm dia but as said in this range you won;t find them for 3/16"shaft.As soon you determine motor and kv you will have more input...and forget what you've learned with nitro boats....Fe is another world!Gill.

Back