Which Pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOM MOORE

Hey guys.

Im setting up a new ac sport 40 cmb45rs eng What pipe do you think will work best and what prop works best with this hull?

Thanks Tom.

TOM MOORE said:
Hey guys.
Im setting up a new ac sport 40 cmb45rs eng What pipe do you think will work best and  what prop works best with this hull?

Thanks Tom.

102848[/snapback]

CMD 45 parabolic would be my top pick. Next would be the CMD AB45 black pipe. :)

Hi Tom:

X648 is a good prop to start with if you are using 40% nitro or lower. If using 50-60% nitro then I would try a X450 or X452 .

Good luck,

David

tom i have a AC boat and i think it's just awsome!!! As far as setting up i never ran a cmb rs but i have the cam 45. i've found that cmb cam motor didn't like that parabolic pipe. you can try them both(black/ parabolic) if you like but the ops 60 pipe is my choice with the muffler. as far as prop i like the x450. you can also try x447/3 x646/3 1455/2/3 with some of the lift taken out. the hull will take just about anything you can throw at it. i had mine for 5 yrs lots of different set ups but what i've found is that the one i have right now it the best for me. i ran it yesterday and the guys wanted to know if it's a new boat, i just finally got the set up right. good racing :D

"As far as setting up i never ran a cmb rs but i have the cam 45. i've found that cmb cam motor didn't like that parabolic pipe. you can try them both(black/ parabolic) if you like but....."

I have yet to see a 45 of any make not perform extremely well with a 45 parabolic but I guess there are some out there. I would be more likely to think something else was amiss but that's just my opinion. I will tell you the parabolic needs the stinger baffle drilled & tends to run shorter in length than what you might be used to. :)

Hey Leighton if you didn't like the parabolic do ya wanna sell it? :)

Don Ferrette said:
"As far as setting up i never ran a cmb rs but i have the cam 45. i've found that cmb cam motor didn't like that parabolic pipe. you can try them both(black/ parabolic) if you like but....."
I have yet to see a 45 of any make not perform extremely well with a 45 parabolic but I guess there are some out there. I would be more likely to think something else was amiss but that's just my opinion. I will tell you the parabolic needs the stinger baffle drilled & tends to run shorter in length than what you might be used to.  :)

Hey Leighton if you didn't like the parabolic do ya wanna sell it?  :)

102924[/snapback]

don that may be a thought. i don't dissagree that 45 motor can perform well with the cmd pipes. but when it comes to cmd pipes i'm a little stingy. notice i said this motor didn't seem to like the pipe, i didn't say i didn't like the pipe. as a matter of fact i really like the parabolic pipe. i have 2 parabolic pipes one is for the mac 45 and the other i run on my picco 45/ crapshooter and this boat/motor loves the pipe. at this stage i have the para pipe at 9 3/4 i think it might be a little long only beacuse the motor had some work done to it. the stinger is drilled out 3/8 only on one of my para pipes( this was to see the difference between drilled and undrilled) and i must say that it runs great in the rigger. in the sport 40 that was a different case. i decided on the ops 60 pipe because for what i want to do it worked out great. my combo can be improved but right now it's running really good so only future test can tell. honestly i didn't run the cmb45/parabolic with the stinger drilled out so that may be the only thing i will try later, but i did run it without drilling out the stinger, this was the latest batch of pipes from 04. on a another noter brian blazer ran the same combo and if i'm not mistaken i suggested the ops 60 pipe and he liked it so i know i'm not the only one that went that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lay26 said:
Don Ferrette said:
I have yet to see a 45 of any make not perform extremely well with a 45 parabolic but I guess there are some out there. I would be more likely to think something else was amiss but that's just my opinion. I will tell you the parabolic needs the stinger baffle drilled & tends to run shorter in length than what you might be used to.  :)

Hey Leighton if you didn't like the parabolic do ya wanna sell it?  :)

102924[/snapback]

don that may be a thought. but when it comes to cmd pipes i'm a little stingy. notice i said this motor didn't seem to like the pipe, i didn't say i didn't like the pipe. as a matter of fact i really like the parabolic pipe. i have 2 parabolic pipes one is for the mac 45 and the other i run on my picco 45 crapshooter and this boat/motor loves the pipe at this stage i have the para pipe at 9 3/4 i think it might be a little long. the stinger is drilled out 3/8 only on one of my para pipe and i must say that it runs great in the rigger. in the sport 40 that was a different case. i decided on the ops 60 pipe because for what i want to do it worked out great. my combo can be improved but right now it's running really good so only future test can tell. honestly i didn't run the cmb45/parabolic with the stinger drilled out so that may be the only thing i will try later. on a another noter brian blazer ran the same combo and if i'm not mistaken i suggested the ops 60 pipe and he liked it so i know i'm not the only one whi went that way.

102933[/snapback]

Leighton,

Use the drilled pipe on the Picco and you can get down to 9" and below on the pipe length, especially on a Crapshooter. Mine is below 9". Don gave you a big hint. Shorter length that you are used to. I do not have a MAC 45 so I cannot comment on the proper length. The 45 is the only MAC engine size I do not have.

John

Back