Where are the NAMBA Nationals this year?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dale already has a twin going (F hydro !) All he has to do is work on turn fins and sponsons that stay together... :p

How 'bout this: Everyone just bring the X (F) hydros so we only actually have to be at the racing for one day! Cut down on the time we have to be there and thus the cost. We all have X hydros.... ;D

Ian.

Craig,

5 months is not enough!! im building a drag car as well and i just spent $1500 on the rest of the paint work! so funds are a bit tight!

Ian,

I would want to take my x mono as well!

Dale

Gents:

Wouldnt it be better to fly into Detroit Metro? as that is very close to Milford Mi. IMPBA hydro racing (riggers, sport40, 1/8 scale) is very good and there will be no shortage of really excellent boats and drivers.. IMPBA district2 ( Michigan, Ohio, West Virgina and Southern Ontario (Canada) is the largest district in the IMPBA and its race schedule includes about 18 races and 2 time trials annually, as well as being the home of Pat Kelly IMPBA president. As for help with equipment etc. that will be no problem at all, there will be lots of people available to lend you a hand with what you need.. Tony Jacuzzi

Tony,

Thanks for the offer :)

The reason for flying into Chicago and not Detroit is the additional freight on our boats. It will cost us US$75 per boat in excess luggage if we dont board a Qantas International flight on our way home. Therefore we are limited to the Qantas International destinations, which Chicago is.

I have friends in Milwaukee and South Bend so I just may make the trip this year.

EMS Racing Yes its that **** Aussie again....

The 2004 NAMBA Nats will be at Legg Lake, So. El Monte, CA. We've had great fun in the past, including the group from Australia....they sure had alot of fun and really go fast.

But first it's New Mexico for 2003! Hope you all can make it!

Doug,

Hi again and thanks for the information :) I would love to make it to this years nats but the freight issue for the boats is a real drama. Also I have spoken to a few guys who raced at Legg Lake and they are keen to get back there too.

I think you can count on quite a few Aussies (not just my boring face) for 2004 (hey that will be my 4th NAMBA nats... not bad for an Aussie) because the freight wont be an issue.

BTW for the locals, Doug makes a mean glass 1/8 scale / sport 60 hull. Round nose style... Makes Bluey's look decidedly slow!!!!

Oh and is Australia still District 13??? We might have to make a team of it!!! Get the T Shirts to the printers

Just imagine... Ian, Dale and me on the same team???? sheesh what next???

EMS Racing stock fuel really IS 40%!!!!

Hey Craig,

How's it going? Good hearing from you again. Yes, Australia is still considered District 13.

It will be good to see you and the gang from down under, G'day!

Doug

Dude,

next year im there!! imagine this, craig, ian, dave g, me and maybe James on the one team, 3 kingcraft twins, 3 kingcraft monos!! and a few of them seadunkers heheheh

Ca would be great for me, i have a few friends that live in ca,

where abouts is legg lake??

Dale

Hmmm,

I might have to build a few more stick boats to make the trip worth while! You guys with twins can run in both X hydro and the twin class, I only get one go with my single 90 rigger!

If only boats didn't cost so **** much. Does any one think a 67 Cobra would still be competitive?? : :) :-

Ian.

Tim,

Well, they might object on the grounds that it is actually one motor! (One carb, one needle, one prop etc!)

If the motor survives the SAW runs, I might be tempted to put it back in the rigger. Still have the hull and everything in it just collecting dust..... :(

Ian.

Craig,

Of coarse X Hydro will be offered, but if there is enough interest, the twins could very well be offered as a class.

I believe they last raced in Greeley, CO. in 2000, if my memory serves me right (not always the case) It just needs to be

politiced for in advance. Take care, Doug

OK I stand corrected....

they didnt race (or offer I think) twins in the Nats I went to...

Well that means I get to race X and twin!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Back