Where are RTR guys?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have read at times about the RTR community feeling left out of races and feel that they are looked down upon. We have made the RTR part of our Grand Prix Classic race now for three years. The most participation we got is when ProBoat supplied us will all the boats. This year we have no entries and as a result it may not be offered again. But I just want to put it out there before we remove and have guys pop-up next year and ask why isn't offered any more. If you want a enter there is still time. I even posted it on RTR Zone but still no takers.

http://www.grandprixclassic.com

Here is the current line up.

22 Gas Sports

18 Gas Cats

12 1/8th Scale Unlimited Hydroplanes

8 Thunderboats

8 .40 Mod Tunnels

7 Twin Outriggers

6 .20 Mod Tunnels

6 Sport .40 IIs

6 Sport 21s

0 RTRs Sport Hydros (Where are you guys at?... All that talk'n and nothing to back it up)

You still have a few days left so don't be left out. Join us for the one of the best season openers around.

I have AM MM with OS18 Would love to race it but thats aaalloooooong way to go lol

I am hoping RTR takes off more down here too

I have AM MM with OS18 Would love to race it but thats aaalloooooong way to go lol
I am hoping RTR takes off more down here too

I guess all the RTR guys are on your side of the pond. Hmp! I am even allowing the UL to run with the Sport 21 guys... and it looks like the only guy there wlll be the owner of the local hobby shop driving there display boat.

I was going to run rtr class here in d4, but got shot down in flames from other racers here on the board. My first boat was a ProBoat shockwave 36 nitro boat, ran really nice after me and my mentos got it sorted out. I was informed that I could not run it in other club races for whatever reasons. I mean it was a rtr boat, nothing modded or out of the box messed with other than the trim tabs tweaked a bit, and a prop change. But seeing that I was told I could not run it I sold it. Was kinda sad to see my first ride go, but I needed a 3 channel radio more. I guess the hydro guys would not have this boat in their class. Go Figure!

Here is from a earlier post last year

QUOTE (Big roy @ Nov 22 2008, 09:15 PM)

Guys, if you like the rtr races, check out the proboat 36 shockwave I have for sale in the sale section, it may not be a elam or a bud but she runs absolutely incredible

Big Roy - That was my first Nitro boat - still got it , but you can not race it, RTR class are .18 size engines , Good luck selling your Shockwave, It's a great running boat

Last edited by a moderator:
That boat doesnt fit the ready to run class it has to be a .18 or .15 pro boat or aquacraft boat the engine is to big for the rtr class the biggest in the rtr class you can run is a .18 engine.

and that is why it resides at someone elses house

That boat doesnt fit the ready to run class it has to be a .18 or .15 pro boat or aquacraft boat the engine is to big for the rtr class the biggest in the rtr class you can run is a .18 engine.
This is why the IMPBA rules were written WITHOUT a specific engine size. There are many sizes of RTRs out there. Often the performance is similar among different sizes. While writing the rules it was decided that it made more sense to group boats by relative performance than to restrict them to a specific engine size that might be in vogue now, but obsolete a few years down the road. The whole point to establishing RTR classes at the local level is to look for ways to INCLUDE more people, not to EXCLUDE them.

If the speed of the Shockwave 36 is similar to the Proboat and Aquacraft hydros, or any other true RTRs, let the owner race the thing.

My Shockwave was probably in the upper 30's but not into the 40's and I am sure those smaller hydros would easily beat my boat, but oh well. I mean besides the hydros how many RTR boatsare available with a .18 engine? This is just another way to loose the already on the decline boaters. I dont have any sour grapes here at all, please dont get me wrong but not everyone wants a hydro as their first boat and be limited to a oval pattern to run all the time.

Roy

Roger i was hoping to make the lake minden races . Do they plan to run a rtr class @ these races or just the Grand Prix Classic ?

Roger i was hoping to make the lake minden races . Do they plan to run a rtr class @ these races or just the Grand Prix Classic ?
Unfortunately, District 9 does not have a Ready-to-Run classs. There has just not been enough interest shown. I have tried to support you gusys by making it available at our Grand Prix race which is technically a fun race so we can set the format any way we like. If you guys showed good numbers that could have served for reason to propose a class but if no one shows up their could be no argument made.

We had a guy show up with a vee hull one year and we let him run with the RTR sport hydros. He was not as competitive as the rest but he sure did enjoy it.

Unfortunately, District 9 does not have a Ready-to-Run classs. There has just not been enough interest shown. I have tried to support you gusys by making it available at our Grand Prix race which is technically a fun race so we can set the format any way we like. If you guys showed good numbers that could have served for reason to propose a class but if no one shows up their could be no argument made.

We had a guy show up with a vee hull one year and we let him run with the RTR sport hydros. He was not as competitive as the rest but he sure did enjoy it.

What type of RTR do you have? I would check with the race director to get his blessing. Maybe it can be fit into one of the other classes.

What type of RTR do you have? I would check with the race director to get his blessing. Maybe it can be fit into one of the other classes.
I have a Miss Vegas . I was hoping to find someone to run / learn with and get my feet wet . LOL ! I guess there's just not enough interest ? I have one buddy that has a miss bud proboat " the reason i bought my MV " Thanks for the info Roger !!

I have a Miss Vegas . I was hoping to find someone to run / learn with and get my feet wet . LOL ! I guess there's just not enough interest ? I have one buddy that has a miss bud proboat " the reason i bought my MV " Thanks for the info Roger !!
Well I would say bring them out. I have never really thought about racing it but I have an MV also. If you bring them then maybe they will run them and there may be other people with them. Contact the contest director for that race that you want to attend. Tell him that you have three boats to enter and can he expand his race schedule to include RTR Sport .18. Racing entries may be down a bit because of the economy so having enough time should not be an issue. If you bring yours and your buddy brings his, let me know and I can bring mine. We may have others in the district that I don't know about. You never know. Your small effort could be the start of the class in district 9. I won't guarantee it but if you don't try you will never know. It will take numbers though. One person can't do it by themselves and for it to be a class you need at least six guys willing to demonstrate they can commit to an entire race season as an exhibition before they will make it an official class.

Roger the guy's up hear have a bunch of sport 18's but they made a ammendment to the district rules on strut placement to allow them to run sport 21. So I guess there all puting 21's in there boats. The racing will go like lap 1, lap 2 and then OOPS :lol: Greg

Roger the guy's up hear have a bunch of sport 18's but they made a ammendment to the district rules on strut placement to allow them to run sport 21. So I guess there all puting 21's in there boats. The racing will go like lap 1, lap 2 and then OOPS :lol: Greg
I think they could be fun just the way they are in stock config. One year we ran like all 8 or 9 on a half course. It was crazy traffic like NASCAR bumping, grinding, cutting people off but they aren't going fast enough to blow someone over. I think all boats finished too. Imagine judging 3 Llumars and 4 Buds and 2 MVs

Well I would say bring them out. I have never really thought about racing it but I have an MV also. If you bring them then maybe they will run them and there may be other people with them. Contact the contest director for that race that you want to attend. Tell him that you have three boats to enter and can he expand his race schedule to include RTR Sport .18. Racing entries may be down a bit because of the economy so having enough time should not be an issue. If you bring yours and your buddy brings his, let me know and I can bring mine. We may have others in the district that I don't know about. You never know. Your small effort could be the start of the class in district 9. I won't guarantee it but if you don't try you will never know. It will take numbers though. One person can't do it by themselves and for it to be a class you need at least six guys willing to demonstrate they can commit to an entire race season as an exhibition before they will make it an official class.
Will do Roger . Let me see what i can do and i'll get back with you . Thanks Again !!!

Back