Wheelie Bars

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Altimat

Well not really, but couldn't you hang something out behind the boat that would catch and drag in the water and prevent blow-offs if the bow lifted? Just a thought. I used to blow off my Sorcerer just for the fun of it but I'd rather stay on the water nowadays. I was a better swimmer back then! :)

Usually that's what trim tabs are for. It would be a good idea on a tunell hulled boat but usually by then it's too late, it's already on it's way over. It might be worth a shot for someone that likes to play with things like this. Maybe extend some tabs out on a bracket like Wheelie Bars and angle them at a sharper angle than trim tabs.

believe it or not I have something similar on the back of my tunnel.......its called a tuned pipe. I have it setup to stick direcly out of the back and lowered it down once parralel to the cavitation plate to see what would happen, I was able to trim it up to the max and it wouldnt blow over, it would get up in the air and then it would hit my muffler and drag the front end back down......not the best thing it the world for racing but it looked cool. ;D

Herb Stewart told me after he saw it do that, it reminded him of the old days when he ran a Magic pipe he had a flat plate on the bottom of the pipe for the exact same reason.....a wheelie (propie) bar.

~James

Latest posts

Back