What's the best 7.5 O/B?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just to let you all know I have tried to post a picture but looks like there is not enough space? It says there is only 17.72K left and it won't load. Am I doing something wrong? I'm sure no computer wizzz!

Mark
Hi Mark,

Click on "My Controls" at the top of the screen,

Then select "Manage your attachments" which is under the "options" taskbar on the left.

You can then delete any attachments you have made in the past. This will then allow you to post up to 200kb of pic's. Any larger files are better suited to the gallery and linked.

Hope this helps.

Tim.

I have ran a Rossi 7.5 one of the first ones out for 3 or 4 years now the dam thing won't quit running. I have 2 D13 championships with it and do not plan on running any thing else. UNLESS Andy comes out with a 7.5 mac. would'nt that be sweeeet.

Walt, great pictures, looks very interesting. Also nice collection of pinball machines

Thanks Paul.

The CMB is a little different than conventional,but awesome. ;)

But than again,set-up,set-up and set-up.

And thanks for the compliment on the pins.

Good luck with the 7.5s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gator finally someone with some input, I ran a Nelson in 2000 when I found out that he made a powerhead, man that thing was fast but really loud had great torque with a Rod Geraghty carb, man I wish I had that back, thanks for the info just what I was wondering. What boat and prop are you ruinning?

Thanks,

Michael.

Ok we gotta get this straight. The Nelson motors that every one is refering to are sold by Gary Pruesse.

They are spelled Nelson

Mike Crawford is the only one to have a Nelsen or Vision Tech Engine.

Thanks Guys.

Brian

Thanks Gator finally someone with some input, I ran a Nelsen in 2000 when I found out that he made a powerhead, man that thing was fast but really loud had great torque with a Rod Geraghty carb, man I wish I had that back, thanks for the info just what I was wondering. What boat and prop are you ruinning?

Thanks,

Michael.

Thanks Gator finally someone with some input, I ran a Nelsen in 2000 when I found out that he made a powerhead, man that thing was fast but really loud had great torque with a Rod Geraghty carb, man I wish I had that back, thanks for the info just what I was wondering. What boat and prop are you ruinning?

Thanks,

Michael.

My cousin Wade Daughtry runs that motor along with a couple of guys down here in Florida. your right it is a rocket but that old Rossi runs right with them. I am running the absalute best 40 tunnel on the market. That is a HTB 340 with a H7 I also ran it on my HTB 360 for a while with great results. I tell ya that motor is like that little oven they sell on tv just set it and forget it. Now of course the thing will probably blow up now that I am bragging on it BUT I DOUT IT. Me and my Brother purchased two of them at the same time from Hyproformance products out in California. None of the guys we run with believe us but they are box stock no mods done to them. we run with a guy from Savana Ga that moded his and it is a super rocket but he breaks alot we have had no issues with ours. Personaly I would rather have dependabalty than super speed the motor is fast enough the way it come from the manufacture. ;)

Tim,

Thanks for you help on the picture capacity issue. That looks to have cleared things up. Now here is a picture of my boat with the CMB 45

Mark Hopper

Tim,

Thanks for you help on the picture capacity issue. That looks to have cleared things up. Now here is a picture of my boat with the CMB 45

Mark Hopper

Mark,

I like your intake and the flair at the end of it.

I know at top speed mine being flat and level has to loose fuel out of the top from the vacume effect.

Years ago when I ran a B/A 47 Fiat Topolino with NHRA I removed the intake scoop for a run,and at top end,I saw the fuel come out of the carbs and stream straight up the windscreen.I figure the CMBs are doing the same thing.

I'm just started to run mine.

Any help with and what it is on yours and where I might be able to get my hands on one would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Try the rubber lower piece for the Traxxas Tmaxx air filter. They offer one like the one on Mark's boat and also a short straight one.

Walt,

I'll find that our for you. That was put on by Brian Schymik when I loaned the boat to him to run in the Nats. I never took it off!

Mark

isnt mac motors made by cmb?could you not use a cmb 7.5 conversion kit on a mac 7.5? just wondering!

allen

isnt mac motors made by cmb?could you not use a cmb 7.5 conversion kit on a mac 7.5? just wondering!

allen
Hi Allen,

The 45 CMBs we use are EVO motors.Not hydro style motors.

They are considerably shorter and have a different style crankshaft,

bearings,and flywheel.

This is a pic of a 45rs.

CMB never made a Mac EVO that I know of.

Nelson Nelsen Tomato tamato BFD.
It is a big deal to me when people are talking bad about an engine and giving the wrong name.

Just trying to make sure thats clear.

Edited to remove negative statements.

Brian

I'm looking for opinions on the best 7.5 O/B out there for the money. So far I have looked at Nelson, K&B Super Pro and the Rossi.

D tunnel guys I value your input.

Thanks,

Greg
With all of the talk about the Rossi and the input given to me by Rod I have ordered a 7.5 Rossi from Hyperformance Products. I appreciate everyone's input on this. It's been interesting as well as informative.

Brian, when your engine is ready let me know. I would suggest you refer to it as the Vision Tech motor and drop any reference to the N word.

Just my two cents worth.

Greg

Brian I did not see anything bad posted about Nelson or Nelsen what are you referring to??????? Sorry that it ass burned you that much, I'll watch my P's & Q's and E's & Os's too. Have a good one.

Mike.

Has anyone ran the Rossi 7.5 I know that they make great quality stuff, but has anyone ran the piss out of one and seen what it can do???? Mark? Rod? Buller? Anyone.

Mike.

, HEY THERTE . I AM THE ONE THAT ORIGANLLY CAME OUT WITH A TRUE M. KIT FOR THE CMB 45 .

I STILL HAVE IT , IT IS STILL THE FASTES T AROUND , THE BOATS SEEM NOT TOO HANDEL THE POWER

Has anyone ran the Rossi 7.5 I know that they make great quality stuff, but has anyone ran the piss out of one and seen what it can do???? Mark? Rod? Buller? Anyone.

Mike.

, HEY THERTE . I AM THE ONE THAT ORIGANLLY CAME OUT WITH A TRUE M. KIT FOR THE CMB 45 .

I STILL HAVE IT , IT IS STILL THE FASTES T AROUND , THE BOATS SEEM NOT TOO HANDEL THE POWER
Jimbo the new HTB will handle the power its a MONSTER

Back