What's a good weight for 3.5 tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

460_f100_dude

I wanna put my 3.5 tunnel on a diet so what is a good weight for it, and I have an os outboard if that makes a difference, and I wanna keep the cg at 29% or so correct?

If you do some research into different brands of tunnels, in their ads or boat reports, they vary between 4.25 and 5 pounds rigged. (which is a pretty wide spread) My boat is 27 long (its fiberglass) and it weighs 4 lbs. 4oz. rigged and ready with a stock K&B. Most of the commercially available glass boats that have been built in the past weigh more than this rigged and ready. They might ride better in rough water but their speed is lower with stock power. The trick is saving weight not only in the hull but with what has to go in it. Use small receiver and servos, don't weigh it down with an overbuilt radio box and fuel tank holders and choose hardware that works but is not overbuilt. Also, the cowl does not have to be overbuilt either. All it does is streamline the top of the boat. Start with 29% CG. If the boat is getting to flighty then move something forward that is already in the boat, if you can, instead of adding lead. If you mention what brand boat it is another person might have some tips for than particular boat too.

Latest posts

Back