What's a good ABC single 90 hydro prop?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David,

Some of what you say is correct, but the pitch ratio is different
on the 1.4 through the 2.7 pitch ratios. They all have different pitches, they do Not all have the same pitch in all the blades with
just different Diameters. When you measure the cup on the trailing edge is does not mean 14” of actual pitch, even your engines could not pull 14” of true pitch. The rake angles really
just change the lift of the transom. More rake less lift. If you need
more transom lift just go with the next diameter up or adjust the
depth of your strut.
It looks like the fishing out West was still pretty good for you. Nice photos of our beautiful country here in America.

Thanks,

Mark
Ya got a few good fish in the last couple of weeks.
Waiting till the first run red salmon rush is over on the Russian river so I can fish in peace.
Thy are ass hole to elbow trying to Floss a fish right now.
Just a fancy way for the Fly fisherman to say SNAGGING............................LOL

View attachment 317744
No this is me present day living off grid in Alaska Drinking a Craken and coke with my new buddy Gunner..........................
You said you knew who is the special one is so I figured I would share a pick of him.........................LOL
Haha. And then I made a Budlight joke. Looks pretty peaceful up there. Dogs make the best buddies. I have 2 myself

Heat racing, I have a 2619 and measured the LE (my standard) at 4.8" which is more what I'm looking for. Think it'd be too small?

The 1667's I've been running are around 66mm diameter so closer to 2.6".

Are guys smoothing out some of that big TE "kick"?
1667 were our go to - also I remember Andy setup us up with some H-50 which were amazing! Not sure if they make those anymore?

1667 were our go to - also I remember Andy setup us up with some H-50 which were amazing! Not sure if they make those anymore?

16 series are great props, I measured about 17* of rake: Prop rake measurements. I think Andy used these to make the original ABC H series (H32, H50 etc.)

Pitch progression is fairly low from LE to TE so they benefit a lot from a bit of cup at the TE/tip, just like the 14 series.

If you cut back the LE a bit (round the tongue) and backcut them they work even better. Problem for me is I'm about at the limit with them and need more LE pitch to go faster, the one below runs low 80's on my 90 boat around 24K rpm, I don't want to force it up much higher.

I might try some cut down 21 series but the rake is only about 12* so they tend to lift.

90 prop.jpg

Terry the 2817-19-38 ABC prop may be the ticket for you.
Reduce the diameter a little and then work on the woop at the trailing edge some.
This will be the speeder prop you are looking for.

I have not. I’d guess in the high 70’s to low 80’s.
Thanks for the reply. Reason for the question is that I would like to get some comparison of the amount of slip between nitro and gas boats running the same props.

Back