What the heck is this?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Dennis,

Thanks.. NAMBA has some stellar members... Let Al know we very much appreciate the support..

Here is where we are at.

The boat has went through the Video shoots today and we have just a small amount of work to do before we call this one a done deal.

I will however be running one with the Madison Area RC boat Club in Mazomanie WI this Saturday and then Sunday at the Edina MN Parade of boats.

Its going to be a busy weekend for sure.

Some specs of the boat:

Hull is 27" long and 8" wide

It has 3/4 length strakes but no steps or vents

The Freeboard is about 2.5" tall in the back

weight RTR is 4lbs 5 oz

The trim tabs are stainless steel and the rudder and strut aluminum

The motor mount is aluminum

comes with a water cooled ESC and Motor

comes with a water resistant radio box

comes with a FUTABA built radio system

molded in glass and pre-painted

and

It just looks cool..

Grimracer

Thanks for all the specs Grim, but you left out the most important part. the top speed :D Look forward to hearing it after you adjust whats needed.

Hea dude...hope you are well... let me give you some idea..

Out of the box we have hit 31mph... With a prop change we have hit 35.. remember this is with a 6min + run time..

We have to let the non racing crowd run fast for as long as possible and still get all the thrill and speed of a real race boat. We hope this will foster new racers..

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Grim ran it at our scale event today.

In a nutshell...impressive. Exceeded expections.

Mazo will be ordering AT LEAST 8 as soon as they're released and we'll be running it as a CLUB spec class.

The impact of this boat is evidenced by the fact that 2 of the orders will be by "inactive" racers who have other interests. They are excited about coming back to race Super Vees.

One veteran called it a "yawn". I call it a revolutionary RTR. Speeds somewhere between LSO and P Offshore....for 6 minutes.

Grim did his homework. Congratulations.

definitely an impressive boat. wish i could've gotten my hands on it yesterday. but just from watching, i think it's a winner. i think it's nice to know that someone is coming out with an RTR that is not a P.O.S. now...where's my credit card, i wanna get in on this :D

Cant wait for a peformance report,

nate
Out of the box with carbon fibre stock prop, GPS'd at 31. With an Octura substitue, 35.

For an RTR, VERY impressive.

The only problem I witnessed was the 27 mhz frequency glitched a bit on our pond. However, it's quite easy to change out to one's own receiver.

Super%20Vee%20side.jpg

Super%20Vee%20transom.jpg

Super%20Vee%20interior.jpg

Out of the box we have hit 31mph... With a prop change we have hit 35.. remember this is with a 6min + run time..

We have to let the non racing crowd run fast for as long as possible and still get all the thrill and speed of a real race boat. We hope this will foster new racers..

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Grimracer, Which prop did you change to for 35 mph ? ; Gonna order one, it's irresistable !

Tony

Reviewed the boat and watched it run with Mike in attendance at our Parade of Boats yesterday. It looks nice both on the table and on the water.

Although Mike mentioned it was set to run loose I will say as loose as it may have been it had a mild hop over slight chop and from the amount of light I could see under the hull it was airing out nicely. By mild hop, it was flat. Not a violent bow up attitude like many other boats of this speed are known for.

As Mike laid out the prototype on hand it looks real clean and smartly designed under the hatch. Easy access and well balanced.

He did not run with a 27mhz <_< and as he mentioned to us the current consideration for the RTR kit is to ship with 75mhz AM :unsure: pistol. Much better than 27mhz but "AM" can and will present issues.

Keep in mind the entry point under $300, this is perfect for ENTRY. The existing racer will already have their radio equipment of choice, with model memory, so they'll want to ditch the radio anyway. They'll also have their prop box where ever they go. This hits or drops under the $$$ bar to build an Electro Vee from scratch and not hit the speed or anywhere near the duration folks. ;)

I could see myself picking up one when available and the others from our club that got some stick time during the show appeared interested. I could see it replacing LSO as our own club SPEC. It sounds as if we'll have opportunity to mix them up with the cheese heads across the border to boot!

Charge the batteries, dry and oil the cable! PERFECT.

ROCK ON

Grimracer

Grimracer, Which prop did you change to for 35 mph ? ; Gonna order one, it's irresistable !

Tony

Inquiring minds want to know the 35mph PROP!!!

I still don't get "Barr" cut??? I understand it allows the motor to unwind more, and cupping, I won't even try it unless I get better tools and a good prop guage.

I still don't get "Barr" cut??? I understand it allows the motor to unwind more, and cupping, I won't even try it unless I get better tools and a good prop guage.

I am interested in knowing what cells got that much run time...Lipo's or std nickels?

Good job on getting decent stuff out there. It is a steal!

I am interested in knowing what cells got that much run time...Lipo's or std nickels?

Good job on getting decent stuff out there. It is a steal!
I believe they were over the counter Duratrax packs sold by Hobbico. 36 or 3700 NiMh.

doug...i believe he had DTX 3600's in the boat at the Mazo site. decent, cheap and avail. at almost any hobby shop.

Back