What size should my engine be? ???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomzeren

Hello! :)

I was wondering if anyone could say what size the engine should be to get my hull running fast? I was thinking about hammerheads O.S 21 se-mx, but found out that it maybe was to small, or what??I don't know very much about my hull, but I know that it is a proto-type of a Norwegian Scand hull (Scand is a Norwegian company that makes daycruisers and stuff).

Check out these facts about my boat and maybe you could specify an engine-size for me??!!

Length: 74 cm

Lenght in waterline: 67 cm

width: 25-26 cm

Weight: 2,5-3 kg

It is a planning V-hull.

Thanks!! ;D Tomzeren

Tom,

I belive i replied to this same question somewhere else. i belive that this hull is the corect size for a .21ci, or a .35cc engine. There are others here that know a whole lot more than i do, so i'm sure you will find out for sure

you will have to post some pics of your new porject! ;D

Wade

Thanks for your advice...

I am going to wish for a digital camera for christmas and if i get that, i can lay out some pictures!! ;D

Thanks,

Tomzeren :D

Tomzeren,

The hull you have is perfect for a .21 they are usually 30" or longer. If you need a great deal on a motor I think Hammerhead still has some of the OS .21's left. They have the same output as the OS .21 outboard. He is a regular on this board and is very trustworthy. I am going to be getting one for the same size boat.

-MikeP

Latest posts

Back