What size rec pack

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Im settling into the new (temp) place and low and behold the neighbor across the street flies rc planes with my brother and used to run rc boats-

Anyway I was heat cycling the rebuild motor in my X-Mono yest and he came over, turns out he has a Pro boat .12 bud boat he is willing to give to my buddy to get started.

I have never run these boats and need some insight so I can progress him as needed. The only thing we are lacking is a rec pack - need to know what fits , and he is ready to go.

Cleaned the tank out today , found the needle and bench fired it today.

I almost like that little rope crank- lol - pops off first pull everytime ;)

??????

1/ how the heck to you pull the flex shaft to lube it ?

2/ what rec pack fits ?

3/ what bottom mods work . and is it even worth it ?

4/ what props does the stock .12 like on 50perc fuel

5/ pipes ? or is is worth it ?

Sorry for all the ??? but this is new turf for me- Im usually just trying to keep my arm from going to sleep while pitting for these guys and counting laps :p :p :p

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Im settling into the new (temp) place and low and behold the neighbor across the street flies rc planes with my brother and used to run rc boats-

Anyway I was heat cycling the rebuild motor in my X-Mono yest and he came over, turns out he has a Pro boat .12 bud boat he is willing to give to my buddy to get started.

I have never run these boats and need some insight so I can progress him as needed. The only thing we are lacking is a rec pack - need to know what fits , and he is ready to go.

Cleaned the tank out today , found the needle and bench fired it today.

I almost like that little rope crank- lol - pops off first pull everytime ;)

??????

1/ how the heck to you pull the flex shaft to lube it ?

2/ what rec pack fits ?

3/ what bottom mods work . and is it even worth it ?

4/ what props does the stock .12 like on 50perc fuel

5/ pipes ? or is is worth it ?

Sorry for all the ??? but this is new turf for me- Im usually just trying to keep my arm from going to sleep while pitting for these guys and counting laps :p :p :p

Andy
Andy, tell em to sell it and get a Vegas...then he could RACE it! :) would a Futaba 250mah flat pack fit in it? Glenn Quarles might be able to put you in the ballpark prop wise as he messes with 12 size stuff....I really dont know the first thing about that boat......wish i could help ya out! :)

Andy, tell em to sell it and get a Vegas...then he could RACE it! :) would a Futaba 250mah flat pack fit in it? Glenn Quarles might be able to put you in the ballpark prop wise as he messes with 12 size stuff....I really dont know the first thing about that boat......wish i could help ya out! :)

One step at a time :rolleyes: ;)

We are heading to the Front Pond at the Tampa lake here in just a few,

Then we will REALLY set the hook -LMAO :p

Another one bites the dust............ :ph34r:

I have not driven anything in 3 months, so -of course- Im gonna have to get the needle set for him ;)

X-Mono is all set and ready to go , and I went and left the radio at Foleys :( :( :( :(

I will post a pic of the smile on his face later Bill .

Andy

Yes sell the boat and maybe just get a Vegas hull or a Super Vee hull you can get the .18 engine from Aeromarine for 35.00 good way to go. Also the .12 is not a legal class in District 3

Yes sell the boat and maybe just get a Vegas hull or a Super Vee hull you can get the .18 engine from Aeromarine for 35.00 good way to go. Also the .12 is not a legal class in District 3
Im pretty sure I never mentioned he was gonna race it Robert , but as usual , thanks for your input :rolleyes:

Guy hasnt even had the radio in his hands yet and you say sell it :blink:

We ran it today in the front pond and he is more than pleased for a start point, I went over aggressive tuning the end points and rolled it and got the radio wet :p

Oh well, worked out the radio bugs and added some flotation , round 2 after work Monday B)

Just trying to make the thing as plug and play as possible for him, so he doesnt get discouraged. Start easy, track straight , and turn decent.

Im pretty sure I never mentioned he was gonna race it Robert , but as usual , thanks for your input :rolleyes:

We ran it today in the front pond and he is more than pleased for a start point, I went over aggressive tuning the end points and rolled it and got the radio wet :p

Oh well, worked out the radio bugs and added some flotation , round 2 after work Monday B)

Just trying to make the thing as plug and play as possible for him, so he doesnt get discouraged. Start easy, track straight , and turn decent.
i got a vegas deuce i might be willing to trade for the bud boat it would be easier to change to brushless

i got a vegas deuce i might be willing to trade for the bud boat it would be easier to change to brushless
A nitro duece ? IM VERY INTERESTED .......

Sent you a pm with my phone number- call me anytime till 10- 10 30 est

Last edited by a moderator:

Get it Andy, and then..........LETS GET IT ON!!!! :lol: Your doin the right thing for your neighbor.....let em get his feet wet, and see if he gets the ADDICTION! :)

Get it Andy, and then..........LETS GET IT ON!!!! :lol: Your doin the right thing for your neighbor.....let em get his feet wet, and see if he gets the ADDICTION! :)
ok sent you the pics of the vegas waitin on ur pics then we can make a deal

Sent you a pic of the boat- will get some better ones in the am- also sent you a pm .

Done deal as far as I can see from your pics. ;)

Sent you a pic of the boat- will get some better ones in the am- also sent you a pm .

Done deal as far as I can see from your pics. ;)
i got the one pic still waitin on the others then we can deal did i read you got the radio wet?

If your worried about the electronics, I have all the Miss Bud .15 stuff I'd let go cheaply (TX, RX, both servos in the servo mount & battery holder).

If your worried about the electronics, I have all the Miss Bud .15 stuff I'd let go cheaply (TX, RX, both servos in the servo mount & battery holder).
he decided not to trade or his buddy did idk but im took it back to the store and got a ul-1

Latest posts

Back