what prop for 6s mono

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think Chilli had a wiring diagram taped to his wrist that day...lol! Spaghetti mono...now, that's Italian!!

2-2S packs sounds good...might work out just fine for a couple laps...

I ran the 6s setup and the boat was awesome! Zero to 60 faster than a corvette. Hung the corners wide open. One of the guys said it was the fastest boat of the day. Then Don put his 10s rigger in the water and everyone gasped! fastest to make a turn I have ever seen. Franklin here we come. The speeds of these electric boats make the gas and nitro stuff look really old school. HMMMM

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Job John. Looking forward to Franklin. I'm going to try to get some boats in the water tomorrow but it looks a little breezy. The weather was near perfect late this aftoon.

I ran the 6s setup and the boat was awesome! Zero to 60 faster than a corvette. Hung the corners wide open. One of the guys said it was the fastest boat of the day. Then Don put his 10s rigger in the water and everyone gasped! fastest to make a turn I have ever seen. Franklin here we come. The speeds of these electric boats make the gas and nitro stuff look really old school. HMMMM
Sweet! Good luck fellas!!

Thanks for the update John...can't wait to hear what all you guys do @ ovals...

D. 12 Rocks!! (D.13 too...Hi Doug!)

I was at the lake when Don and John ran their boats. Best way I can describe them is they looked like Slot Cars on the water. Open up the Record Book................

Dick Tyndall

Ok guys here are the results from the Franklin record trials. The m445 from Kent made the boat absolutely ballistic but the batteries were running 155 degrees after two laps but I cut a buoy feeling out the new ride as the boat was turning too quick and running too light for the 1/4 mile course that was set up first. Chilli gave me a m442 to try and the boat was quite a bit slower and still turned too sharp after taking out rudder throw to about 55 percent. Battery temp was nice and cool at 98 degrees. So, I de tuned the rudder again to 46 percent and de pitched the trailing edge of Kent's m445 six thousandths of an inch on the Steve Much pitch block. The boat was fast and turned with better control and came back at 140 degree temp. So, on my next attempt I knew I had to get it done because they were getting close to changing over to the 1/3rd mile oval and there was a long line of boaters on the list. I ran 5 total laps because I wanted to get two good runs in knowing the batteries would be at limit, but at record trials you need to do what you need to do. At 10 seconds per lap that is only 50 seconds total run time. The boat broke the record by a couple of seconds but the batteries were cooking when I brought it in. The batteries were puffed and we didn't take a heat measurement. Don, my mentor on the electric stuff, took them directly to the fan and started the cooling process. All that you guys said was absolutely true and on point about limiting to two laps and how it is all about how much heat is created by the load. The speed controller did fine and stayed at 98 to 110 degrees as did the motor. The batteries were the hot spot.

I took my second set of batteries and used them for the 1/3rd mile oval and only made two laps, broke the record, and brought it right in. The batteries were at 140 degrees. Thanks for all the help.

John

P.S. Chilli and I were going to team up on the 4s record but the wind was gusting at 16 to 20 mph Today and we decided to scratch that Idea.

Photo of how I covered the radio box opening. Just used a thin sheet of ABS plactic and taped it to the deck

wildtphoto.JPG

Great report John as I was very curious as to how everything turned out for you...Congrats!!! Good stuff!!!

Hope to see you at Haggerstown this coming weekend...

-Kent

Back