What pipe for Nova .21DD

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vision race boats

Just wondering what pipe you guys have found to work the best with a Nova .21DD that is available for heat racing, I am now running a CMB nitro pipe at 7 7/8 with decent results but would like to hear what has been found to work best with that engine. Thanks for the help.

I ran the pipe that Brian Buaas builds that I designed for him (ask for the Marty Pipe
default_smile.png
). It an excellent race pipe. That is also the pipe that Stan Simpson was running on his 20 boat. I have just gotten a SPP pipe from Australia that ran well in a first test. just didn't have enough shake down time with it to race with yet. Warren Tremblay and Rod Hendricks were running the S Pipe but it is a little "switchy" (doesn't go on an off the pipe very well). If I had to decide right now which pipe for racing, I would choose the Buaas pipe at 11 1/8" from center of engine to seam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Marty. I saw that pipe that Buaas had listed as the Marty pipe and thought that must be one you designed, what is the correct length, you wrote 11 1/8"

Thank you for the info and good seeing you this past weekend.

Hi Marty. I saw that pipe that Buaas had listed as the Marty pipe and thought that must be one you designed, what is the correct length, you wrote 11 1/8"

Thank you for the info and good seeing you this past weekend.
I have 67 boats on my mind and missed that. It is 8 1/8" - Sorry...

The CMB pipe is that the new CMB nitro pipe from Stu.I know that It works very will.

Dave

I don't mean to jack ur thead but what is the advantage/disadvantages to the "dd". Is it just the rear exhaust? Thanks

I don't mean to jack ur thead but what is the advantage/disadvantages to the "dd". Is it just the rear exhaust? Thanks
Hi Chuck. From what i understand the DD has a different sleeve with different timing numbers, and i personally like the rear exhaust over the wrap around header, i haven't had mine long but so far i can tell it is a powerhouse, and the workmanship inside the engine is a work of art.

The question is what is a "GOOD" Pipe for the N.R. D/D...I hear that the Bouchie pipe is a VERY good addition to the D/D and is performing well for several people I know. Yes I ran the Carbon pipe (Marty's)and ran well,"BUT" I run the rear ex. engine in my rigger. My 21 rigger is Brand New and I am still playing around with pipes...with my setup the MAC Airplane pipe has been the best combo so far.

Junker is asking about the D/D,I guess it is personal preference. If I had a D/D I would get the Bouchie pipe. I have the 45 Bouchie pipe...she is Very Strong. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Rich,

If you can find one? try an OPS 4280 which is a 29/40 pipe.

7.5" and it will rev quite well. I just found one in steel on EBay

and I think it is going to be wicked. Are you running Punch fuel?

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Thanks for all the input, when you guy's mention the Buaas pipe do you mean the Marty designed pipe, i see he has a few different pipes so i just wanted to make sure. Mark i am running Technology fuel from John 60%. Thanks again for all the help.

Rich,

Yes, they are talking about the Marty pipe from Brian.

The 35,000 pipe from Scott is a great pipe also.

Lots Of Options,

Mark Sholund

Latest posts

Back