What motor for the JAE 21 FE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speakerboy

i finnaly ordered the Zipkits rigger in FE version .. i ordered some hardware with it to make it complete , i want to power it with a bit more power motor than the normal UL 1 motor ..

i am looking into the NEU versions .. will the 1415 ore the 1515 work ore is there a model that you guys would advise ? in rpm per voltage etc etc ...

any idea about the size of lipo s i can put in there .. ? i mean the size of the tub where i can stack those powerbombs ...

thanx

Jeroen

I radared several P spec riggers at 60 to 65 mph at the end of the straight on our NAMBA 1/6 mile course. Why do you want to spend close to $600 for the motor and speed control as well as $240 for batteries when you can get such great performance from $160 for the UL-1 motor and a 120 amp speed control with $120 for batteries? See my suggestions on the JAE FE build post.

Lohring Miller

Last edited:
he lohring , thanx for your answer ...

60 mph with that UL 1 motor setup ? impressive ! ok .. i was wondering if some one was using another ESC and motor setup for this boat , and like to know what they thought of that ..

in other words , speed is normal ore regular with the UL 1 setup , and will it be amazing fast with a little more expensive setup ... ? are there any motors and ESC that will cost a little more , than the UL 1 setup , but will bring some more too ? all in the zipp kits 21 FE rigger ofcouse ..

Jeroen

If it were my JAE 21 FE I'd run the UL-1 motor and a Castle ICE100 speed controller. I ran that controller in my LSH boat with the AquaCraft motor and it ran great without cooling. In a rigger water cooling the ESC would be a good idea, and several guys have posted DIYs for that. Or, run the UL-1 controller until Castle introduces the Hydra ICE series of controller in the near (?) future.

FWIW I ran 15 degrees timing and 8 mHz on my ICE, ran cool and fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running a Feagio 8 turn 79.00 motor with a Castle 120 ESC and a Hyperion 4S 25C 4000 Mah pack and a H-7 stock prop and an easy 60 to 65 for 6 laps at 120 degrees. Jerry

thanx for your info ..

i ordered a couple Vortex / feigao motors , 1 with 2000 rpm per volt and 1 with 2300 rpm per volt .. witha Turnigy 180 amp controller .. i will run the 1450 prop .

I have to find out what lipo packs i can stack in there ..

thanx again !

Jeroen

thanx for your info ..

i ordered a couple Vortex / feigao motors , 1 with 2000 rpm per volt and 1 with 2300 rpm per volt .. witha Turnigy 180 amp controller .. i will run the 1450 prop .

I have to find out what lipo packs i can stack in there ..

thanx again !

Jeroen
The Turnigy 180A ESC is HUGE! Will it fit in the JAE 21 Tub?

lol !

i just found out it will NOT ! i ordere the 120 amps version for this boat and use the 180 amps for a 6S version !

Jeroen

just out of the paint .. wanna show it too you ..

jae12.jpg

maiden run was last weekend ! i had a blast . the boat runs on rails NO speed fall back in the turn ! i need to fine tune props and fins some more speed .

Jeroen

img0634fj.jpg

Great pic! Looks sweet with that spray behind it! :D

Keep up the good work on her!

-Kent

I radared several P spec riggers at 60 to 65 mph at the end of the straight on our NAMBA 1/6 mile course. Why do you want to spend close to $600 for the motor and speed control as well as $240 for batteries when you can get such great performance from $160 for the UL-1 motor and a 120 amp speed control with $120 for batteries? See my suggestions on the JAE FE build post.

Lohring Miller
Do you have a link to your post/thread referenced above?

Back