What is this?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Propjockey

Picked this up cheap and was wondering if it's worth putting together. Anybody know who makes it?

31-1/2" long by 13" wide fiberglass

Could be an old International Hobbies hull. I'll have to dig out some old magazines to see what I can come up with.

I think Ron is right on it being an old style lap cat 3.5.

The shape, the non-gel coated poxy glass, and cockpit give it away.

I used to have one about 10 years ago. Pretty fun boat. I would recommend that you set it up and get it wet. You will have a lot of fun with it. If my memory serves me well, the pin holes were a pain to get rid of, though. Gonna have to get some info on some good sealer. I'm not sure what they have in the States now for filling in pin holes.

Hammer

Thanks Guys....At 31-1/2" by 13", would a piped K&B 7.5 OB be too much? The hull seems awful heavy for a 3.5.

Propjocky,

That is a Prather lapcat, the 32" hull was made for 7.5. I think a piped 7.5 would be ok. It used a turn fin on the inside sponson about the CG area. I used to have one of those a few years ago we ran no pipe and 40% nitro. Wouldn't mind finding one for a 3.5 it would be 27".

-MikeP

Woops! Didn't catch the size that you listed in the first post.

Sorry! Looked small in the picture.

All the same! Put that baby together, and have fun!!!

Hammer

Latest posts

Back