What Hull?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill fenton

Hello fellow members,

Just recently picked up this hull and have no idea who made it. Any help would be great. Lenght about 40in and about 20in beam.

Thanks,

Bill

SAM_2_5088.jpg

SAM_5089_2.jpg

SAM_5107_1.jpg

My MTO has steps on the riding surfaces of the sponsons. Other than that, the wide air traps, the way the non trips are cut and the shape of the riding surfaces look very similar to mine. I was assuming a glass hull, that would also be an indicator that it is a MTO. I am not sure if they made a version of the hull without the steps. Check the depth of sponsons to the bottom of the hull and I can verify if the one I have is the same.

Hey Bill & Mike,

I believe Doug DeWitt added the step when he owned the molds as MTO (Made To Order). The original owner of the molds was K&H - I believe your hull is one of those. CHEERS !!! Bob

Just noticed you said it is 40 inches long. Mine is 44. I believe you have a scale size boat there. If you do, it will need a .67 engine.

The sponson depth should be 1 inch for an MTO. If it is, set the strut at 1 3/4 depth with and 1.5 degree angle and it should be a good starting point. That was the most critical thing I found with mine.

Mike, just measured the sponson depth at the rear of the ride surface, 5/8. The hull is fiberglass. Guess I will use the .46 in another hull I have. Thanks for the info. Also hull is 39.5 in long not 40in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back