what do you guys weigh?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbnate804

just curious as to what your 21 tunnels are weighing in at. had mine at the hobby shop tonight and were discussing some things. my tunnel ended up on the scale at 5lbs 3oz with out fuel. whats the target weight anyways?

wood dumas mod kb 3.5

5lb 3 oz

nate

Our sport boats weigh in at around 3lbs 10 ounces up to a little over 4 pounds, depending on which boat.

Our mod boats start out a 4 pounds even and go up to as much as 7 pounds, depending on the boat.

There is no "target weight" persay, but more so where the boats handles the best at speed without blowing over..... and THAT can be a VERY thin line.

You are not far off the mark, that should be a fairly stable running boat in racing conditions.

I would be so bold to make the vague statement that the 3lb. 10oz. - 7 pound mark is a good "window" for a .21 boat..... and thats a pretty large window...

~James

i was surprised to see 5 lbs with a wood boat and all the paint that just got put on. the poor dude drowned it in clear and pearl. good for looks but not the best for weight watchers. would like to hear some more peoples weights tho.

Nate

My Dumas Hot Shot Sprint, K&B SS weighs in just under 4.5 lbs

wof.1.jpg

My 29" WOF, MAC / Lawless weights in just over 5.5 lbs.

wof.5.jpg

Both boats weight with no fuel.

Thought someone mentioned before that Tommy Lee's 3.5 SAW record boat was over 6 lbs..

Last edited by a moderator:
My nemesis with a nova rossi and lawless weights 4 pounds 14oz.

My 29 inch hot shot with a nova rossi and a lawless weights 5 pounds 3oz

Hey Mark,

Thatmust have been a very light build on the Sprint ;-)

My Villain with Sport K&B is 4lb minus fuel, perfect for calm to little ripples/mild wind...shithouse when the wind picks up...but that might just be my driving style talking ;-)

Kris

Kris Flynn said:
Thatmust have been a very light build on the Sprint ;-)
The Sprint was built the WOF way. The basic frame was used, but then filled in with foam instead of using the 1/4" rails. Once the foam was in place/sanded, sheeting was put over it. Also, some of the sides in the center section was removed.

hopper2.jpg

Guess I should have weight one of my older Sprints before they left the coop :lol:

My Lynx with an OS .21 and silver bullet pipe weighs 5 pounds 8oz.

Tested on the weekend in very windy conditions, rock solid !

Mark

If i can remember..

My Villain S1 is 3lbs 12oz

My Nemesis is 4lbs 14oz

ROCK ON

Grimracer

That orange & white tunnel off to the left is a WOF 3.5 with a K&B wet-head. Full belly of fuel it comes in 3 lbs 15 oz. I took liberties with the original design to shed some of the weight.

chunk t.

Hi Guys

Current Villian K&B 3.5SS

4lbs 7oz ready to go no fuel,

If it wasnt for the rebuilds,

who knows what it may have been :(

Greg

thanks guys! some really helpful info there. now i know where i stack up. really thinking hard about trying some racing around my area. theres some things i'd have to figure out just trying to size it all up. thanks.

nate

Nate,

Don't sweat it. Your boat isn't unreasonably heavy. Any extra weight you're carrying won't make you too much slower on the straights, you just won't get up on plane as quick as a lighter hull. I'd recommend trying two props, an Octura X440 & an X437. If you don't think the hull gets up on plane quick enough or seems to bog down (on courses with tight turns) with the X440 go down to the 437. You'll sacrifice some top end but you'll be a bit quicker off the corners. Tunnel racing isn't always who's fastest, it's also about survival.

chunk t.

actually i've got both of those props. love running the x440 that eric canto worked on for me. actually i messed with it and then sent it off to have a good copy made. man took care of me. but the biggest things i've run into so far are distance to get to a race. and fuel. i'm just not into enough to justify making my own fuel. and the best i can get out of anybody around here is 35%. that seems to be a step above soapy water. i could order a case but then they soak ya for hazmat. just content running the local pond for now i guess.

nate

A real light boat is fast off the exit buoys but can snap off the water with little or no warning. Every design has its own optimum RTR weight and distribution.

For Mod 3.5cc heat racing, we like to run between 5lbs 4 ozs. and 5 Lbs 8 ozs..

At this weight, if you are at your trim limit down the straights, the boat will give you a little wave or two if it's being pushed too hard. This is plenty of time to react and settle it down if needed.

I can build the Lynx a pound lighter than their optimum production weight but nobody would ever finish a race with them, including myself!

-Carl,

Pulse,

That depends on how the boat is behaving....... if it's very unstable at speed then adding weight to the CG can help sometimes. Handy little trick in choppy water too!

Tim

Back