What boat is this??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zapster

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what boat is this, it is beeing ofered for trade to my TT Raptor 50 SE, It comes with k&b and a TT engines and radio gear, is it worth it?

-Z-

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what boat is this, it is beeing ofered for trade to my TT Raptor 50 SE, It comes with k&b and a TT engines and radio gear, is it worth it?

-Z-
You can probably buy that same boat on ebay for $200..what could you buy yours for used?

It looks like a Dumas Hot Shot which if built well are fun fast boats to start off with If it was built by a pro you can win a lot of races with it. If it's plastic it's a DPI, tap it realy lightly and you'll be ale to tell the sound between wood, glass and plastic.

Is it wood or fiberglass??

Aslo, the radio isn't worth $10.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like one of Jerry Dunlap's designs. He has designed and built lots of boats from the Dumas Hot Shot, a 24 inch hull, to the Top Speed, a 30 inch hull. I bet this is a Dunlap 27, but you can measure it to see. They all are very fast, but his latest design, run this year in the Freemont Grand Prix, is the best of all.

Lohring Miller

On RCU, thought it might have been a WOF 28/30. Heck, I haven't built one of those yet.. Forgot about the D27 as it's a frame :eek: boat, not WOF :D

Thanks to all who helped, the deal did not happen because the buyer did not have enough money.

Heh

Spoke too soon, the guy came up with the money so im going to be a proud boat owner tomorrow.

It is my first boat.

Heh

Spoke too soon, the guy came up with the money so im going to be a proud boat owner tomorrow.

It is my first boat.
Looks like a decent boat for a stocker,see if he will throw in that motocycle tire in the background of the first pic i need a new one for my Harley lol.....Mike

Heh

It is my first boat.
dont get p...... off the first time or two that you run it and try to go with a experanced boater. my 2cents

Heh

It is my first boat.
Looks like a decent boat for a stocker,see if he will throw in that motocycle tire in the background of the first pic i need a new one for my Harley lol.....Mike
hey mike / what ever happend to the couple from louisville , paul and lesa ? i was down there last summer and tried to find them ? no luck .

Yep the hull is 27" long, looks like it has not been used for a while. One of the rudder / motor pushrod peaces that come through the radio box is broken, i was thinking of replacing the whole radiobox while i am at it, because i would like to fit a bigger battery in there, should i??

Yep the hull is 27" long, looks like it has not been used for a while. One of the rudder / motor pushrod peaces that come through the radio box is broken, i was thinking of replacing the whole radiobox while i am at it, because i would like to fit a bigger battery in there, should i??
You have my permission. :)

JD

JD
JIm one word Harley,last word i had was they were riding not boating. Paul was working at a front end shop doing alignments. Been awile since i heard from him.....Mike

JD

Is there a easy way of removing it? It seems to be epoxied to the hull.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a easy way of removing it? It seems to be epoxied to the hull.
Pliers and a chisel. It ain't worth saving from the looks of it. Just colapse it in on itself and chisel the bottom piece off.

Mike

Latest posts

Back