What .45 should I get?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

TomMoorehouse

Help me out guys.....

I'm looking to build a .45 rigger this winter but can't decide what engine to get for it.

what do you guys recommend?

Tom

I have a motor for you and its not much money.

As a matter of fact its free.

Rossi 45. My buddy Squeaky runs one also and it runs quite well.

Its yours if you just say the word. Im going to be running OPS (i think) and i will not be using this one.

Grim

Free.... ya know how tight my budget is mike! my budget is so tight...... uhhhhh can't think of a good one there....

but id say that baby is sold!

id still like to see what people think is the best 45 currently.

The NEW OPS 45's are very impressive.

I have seen them in Mono's and Sport 40's so far, and very strong running. Lenny Blake won 40 Mono at the 2003 NAMBA Nationals using the new OPS 45.

A gentleman in my district runs one in his AC Sport 40 with great success, and I also know Dean Werges is running one in his Phil Thomas Sport 40 with great results.

I am anxious to see the newest batch of MAC 45's run. I have always run Picco 45's, but with no parts available its time to switch.

Jay,

Is this the new OPS 45's with the drum valve? I have a friend who is a long time OPS runner, and has always had good speed with them, he has a new motor and so far hasn't noticed a lot of difference, but his engine is still pretty new.

Ian.

Interesting thread to me as a 45 rigger will prolly be my next race boat.

Just thought I'd show this pic I took on the weekend....

NJ,

Not my boat - but those with good detective skills should be able to work out who's boat it is and the irony of the pic relative to this thread!

I'm not going to name names as he's a friend and I want it to stay that way!

Tim

Hey Tom,

What about one of Gary P's Nelsons?

Anyone from Europe out there who can give some feedback on the A45 engine?

the nelson.... ive heard good and bad about them..... i think they are a high maintaince engine..... and they need special glow glugs.

the ops on http://aeromarinerc.com/ is only $255 so that is a good price

Well I have heard good reports on the A 45 Hydro mark II engines, but have not run mine since getting the mark II upgrade (new drum and housing)...

Will see at the nationals this year (if I ever get the motor back of Mr Garage LOL)

Oh and yes I am the Australian Distributor for these engines but I try to be as objective as I can.

EMS Racing not tonight, have a headache

Oh and Tim...

X-cell ent photo of the 45 there.... hehehehe

He was involved in bringing the engines into the country so it shouldnt be a surprise he has one...

EMS Racing isnt politics fun!!!

Craig,

you mean the drum is now bushed on the A45? Looking forward to seeing it run. What does it sell for?

Tim.

HI TIM , HOWS THE HEALTH??

HEY GUYS , THERE IS A MOTOR OUT THERE THAT IS A KILLER AND I DEFY ANYONE TO DESTROY IT , ITS THE NEW CMB 45 EVO 2+2. GREAT TOP END , TORQUE OUT THE YING YANG , TRY ONE YOU WILL LIKE IT .

Back