What 3.5cc engine?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phill fields

Hi everyone. After running CMB 15cc boats here in England for a while and last year running my first 15cc hydro am thinking of getting a 3.5cc hydro. But not sure what engine to run in it. Am looking to try and get the most bang for the buck! Was thinking of a Novarossi T21-5M/2 or T21-7M/2. Wondered what people though of those engines? Is there is any great difference in the two? Or if there are any other engine around the $250 - $300 that i should consider?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Phill Fields

Hi everyone. After running CMB 15cc boats here in England for a while and last year running my first 15cc hydro am thinking of getting a 3.5cc hydro. But not sure what engine to run in it. Am looking to try and get the most bang for the buck! Was thinking of a Novarossi T21-5M/2 or T21-7M/2. Wondered what people though of those engines? Is there is any great difference in the two? Or if there are any other engine around the $250 - $300 that i should consider?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Phill Fields
Phill

Both the T21-5M &T21-7m are really good motors

And real good bang for your buck....

I like 7 port little more myself as it will rev a little more..

Regards Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
With either 3.5 front exhaust engine you need a good carb. A zoom or Orlic with a 15 mm dia neck. Get that first. Worry about engine afterwards... ;)

Hi Phill,

With 3.5cc engines or any size engine, as long as it is a good brand and a quality engine, you can achieve good results, there a plenty of good marine engines out their, and not just Novarossi, that would be a good choice.

You can achieve great performance from OS, CMB, OPS, Picco, Rossi, or Novarossi - just pick one to suit your budget.

A good thing to remember - you dont have to buy an engine that "claims" the most horsepower or has the most ports in the liner to get great performance.

A good example is a "well designed" 3 port engine can easily out perform a "poor designed" 5 port engine. - this can be applied whether it be a boat or a car engine.

as you have already used CMB engines, that Italian brand is hard to beat for quality and performance, and also fits hydros better, due to the front exhaust, rear induction setup

Hi Phill,

With 3.5cc engines or any size engine, as long as it is a good brand and a quality engine, you can achieve good results, there a plenty of good marine engines out their, and not just Novarossi, that would be a good choice.

You can achieve great performance from OS, CMB, OPS, Picco, Rossi, or Novarossi - just pick one to suit your budget.

A good thing to remember - you dont have to buy an engine that "claims" the most horsepower or has the most ports in the liner to get great performance.

A good example is a "well designed" 3 port engine can easily out perform a "poor designed" 5 port engine. - this can be applied whether it be a boat or a car engine.

as you have already used CMB engines, that Italian brand is hard to beat for quality and performance, and also fits hydros better, due to the front exhaust, rear induction setup
Phill

Talk to racers around the world and get some feed back...

Novarossi offer different range of motors at different range of $.. all very good with great back up...

As a racer in Australia. Novarossi dominate the feild .. in all 21 classes...

Regards Aaron

as i have been racing the 3.5 classes (21) for over 6 years i can honestly say from my view. nova rossi 5 port and 7 port engines work the best for power and overall performance without busting your wallet.

Thanks everyone for the advice. Generally what sort of nitro levels are people running the NR's with? And any plugs inparticular that hold up well in them? I use O'Donnell 99t's in the 15cc.

Niklas, was Mr Sunken using a NR is Dessau?

Thanks everyone for the advice. Generally what sort of nitro levels are people running the NR's with? And any plugs inparticular that hold up well in them? I use O'Donnell 99t's in the 15cc.

Niklas, was Mr Sunken using a NR is Dessau?
Nope, he used TP.

run up to 66% nitro. the little guys love it. The s pipe does well in riggers.. OPS 3280 or AB parobolic in monos works well

Latest posts

Back