Gas carburetor start needle setting suggestions needed.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davidkrienke

I have 3 engines I need to get running and am unsure where these needle start points would need to be unsure of the carburetor numbers atm.
1st is a old bob hansen quickdraw 26.5cc going in a arty wood boat off ebay he is going to run.
2nd is a china zenoah 26cc ebay motor I just put this one in a green seaducer .
3rd is one of the blue 29.5 ebay zenoah clone motors as well. going in a provee as well for me.
My brother went on a engine buying spree after the guy Chris ripping me off for 2 engines earlier this year. what a awesome bro by the way and bought all these and now we are just going to run them . He never asked where to get them aka gizmo . SO this is what we have to work with . I appreciate any feedback on start needle settings . thanks Dave.

Attachments

• Message_1646848705912.jpg
    Message_1646848705912.jpg
    578.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20220226_100531.jpg
    IMG_20220226_100531.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 37
  • image0000001.jpg
    image0000001.jpg
    1,005.5 KB · Views: 35
  • image0000011.jpg
    image0000011.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
The chinese zenoah on the green boat probably has a ruixing carb which is a cheap copy of the Walbro. They are not great carbs but I have found from experience that 1 turn out on both needles will likely get it started and then you can tune the H needle from there. Good luck.

PS I don't know how you will be able to operate the red choke handle the way it is fitted ?

The chinese zenoah on the green boat probably has a ruixing carb which is a cheap copy of the Walbro. They are not great carbs but I have found from experience that 1 turn out on both needles will likely get it started and then you can tune the H needle from there. Good luck
Ok thanks. Both of the motors that are the china ones have the same carburetor . I do have a walbro my brother gave me. I might have to try both and see which works best, I can just work the choke since it is just pool noodle next to it. yeah its a tight fit in there.

Last edited:
The Quickdraw looks like one of the initial ones with th elarge sparkplug.. Carb looks like a 257, but can't tell for 100% sure. The number is stamped on it under where you mount the lever, next to the blackfuel inlet nipple.
If it is WT257: 1 on high 2 on L if it is WT1048 about 1.5 each can also be WA167 ( those were the standard carbs at that time): 1.5 each...

David - I can appreciate a tight fit. I had to cut an access hole in the lip for my cowl to tighten up the forward carby bolt with an allen key on my canard.
100_1050.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back