West Palm Beach Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Todd - Mary and my entry form mailed at 4:45 PM today...

You will be seeing from me: A Hydro, B Hydro, Scale, Gas Rigger, Gas Cat

From Mary - RTR, A Mono, A Tunnel

We own a 2nd RTR that I can have one of our club members enter, just let me know after the deadline ends, if you still need a 3rd boat for RTR...

Ron R.

Hi Todd - Mary and my entry form mailed at 4:45 PM today...
You will be seeing from me: A Hydro, B Hydro, Scale, Gas Rigger, Gas Cat

From Mary - RTR, A Mono, A Tunnel

We own a 2nd RTR that I can have one of our club members enter, just let me know after the deadline ends, if you still need a 3rd boat for RTR...

Ron R.
Nothing like waiting to the last minute. Guess you weren't sure if you were coming to the race and meeting?

We were coming to the meeting and were most likely going to hang, but weren't sure we'd be able to race. I had hurt my leg pretty bad last week, and wasn't able to walk. It's healing enough to start limping around.

We were coming to the meeting and were most likely going to hang, but weren't sure we'd be able to race. I had hurt my leg pretty bad last week, and wasn't able to walk. It's healing enough to start limping around.
Ouch, that doesn't sound good. Get well, see ya next weekend.

Sorry, we where late Todd, wasnt sure if I could make it due to work. Sent out two entries for RTR on Saturday. Let me know if you need any info so that you aren't delayed in any way.

Thanks,

Hope you included the late fees.

LATE FEE: $100

Thats just not going to happen bud.
Then sorry, but your entry will not be accepted.

That wasn't on the entry form as a joke. That was there to ensure if anyone really wanted to race, they'd get their entry mailed on time. I had received several grumblings in the past that we don't take late entries. Now, we do, but for a hefty fee.

In the future, one always have the option of sending their entry in early, and then canceling by the beginning of the week leading up to the race and still get a refund, if one finds they can't make it.

Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you included the late fees.

LATE FEE: $100

Thats just not going to happen bud.
100.00 late fee ? I have no intentions of racing ...but 100.00 late fee ????? Thats a pretty pompous statement in itself ! Good luck with that !
Never expected to collect on it. Racers just have to get their entries in the mail on time, nothing more, nothing less.

I've been putting races together for almost 20 years and can fill a book with all the excuses/sob stories I've heard as to why they couldn't get their entry in on time.

I have to agree with Todd on this one. It seems that more and more people are wanting to enter late and until you've been tasked with putting on a race you can't appreciate the time that goes into setting up even a simple one day race. Making last minute additions is not fun.

The answer is, as Todd states, to enter early. It's not like these races are scheduled at the last minute.

I also agree with Todd. It doesn't cost any more to sign up early. I have seen first hand what Don Riek has been going through with late entries. It has to stop as does not listing a second frequency on the entry form. I sent in my Winternats entry 3 months ago to be sure that I get to race. Why not send in your entries as soon as they appear on our web site. I often wonder why racers can send in their entries late but always be on time for the race? Perry

I also agree with Todd. It doesn't cost any more to sign up early. I have seen first hand what Don Riek has been going through with late entries. It has to stop as does not listing a second frequency on the entry form. I sent in my Winternats entry 3 months ago to be sure that I get to race. Why not send in your entries as soon as they appear on our web site. I often wonder why racers can send in their entries late but always be on time for the race? Perry

I understand all that, and that is why I attempted to come on here and give you a heads up. This way I could provide you with any information you needed, so you did not have to wait. Unfortunately I do not have the experience you have, as this is my first year, and the first time I have been late. I would have been more than glad to pay, lets say a $10 fee, but $100 is a little far fetched.

Thanks for letting me know that I can submit my entry form early and then cancel last minute to get reimbursed, as until right now, I did not know that was an option. Again I had a work conflict, so wasn't sure until late friday Nov 2 that I could make it.

Anyways thanks for explaining the situation, its always a pleasure coming on here...

Thanks for letting me know that I can submit my entry form early and then cancel last minute to get reimbursed, as until right now, I did not know that was an option. Again I had a work conflict, so wasn't sure until late friday Nov 2 that I could make it.
I'll tell you what BigSlick, being this is your first year racing, I'll cut you some slack as I feel you have learned something from all this. I'll accept your entries, no late charges this time. I do need your real name though.

Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll tell you what BigSlick, being this is your first year racing, I'll cut you some slack as I feel you have learned something from all this. I'll accept your entries, no late charges this time. I do need your real name though.

Todd
Well thank you Todd, that is appreciated. I know that the 14 yr old that depends on me to take him to the races really appreciates it also. There will not be a next time as far as being late is concerned, now that I am aware of being able to cancel. PM going out to you...

Back