Well Done

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you somehow make stencils for the graphics? Or do you cut the masking tape or film by hand? :eek:

That is sweet

I use tape or vinyl scraps for the templates and then cut them out, scan then and clean then up in my sign program.

Jerry

thanx that does clear up some questions. whats teh part number on that strut you guys are using?

The strut on the Hot Wheels was made for a 3.5 Woofie Rigger that's in my basement. Don't want to have to buy/make everything.

Jerry

My turn for a question - does the strut work better out the bottom or off the transom on these hulls?

Also I have heard you take the rocker out of the sponson bottoms - how much flat riding surface is good to aim for?

Thanks in advance

GTR said:
My turn for a question - does the strut work better out the bottom or off the transom on these hulls?
Also I have heard you take the rocker out of the sponson bottoms - how much flat riding surface is good to aim for?

Thanks in advance
hmm yeah i was reading that in another post too.. do you guys mind showing a shot of the bottom? I'll understand if not, just gathering some refrence photos for my project

For the "carbon look" on the black stripe, did you use something like that screen-web looking rubber dinner table placemat stuff as a stencil for the effect? Black base and then a grey top color?

that's a nice effect.

I'm curious also how you were able to so closely match the colors off of that little matchbox car/boat? B)

Clay, that is printed vinyl film, made by Avery. It is printed to look like carbon fiber. There is no paint on that boat, it's all vinyl and clear coated with Imron. They guy with the Orange Peel boat painted them both. I do the vinyl signs & graphics.

We have a version that holds about 8.5oz of fuel..

The one that you see in the boat here hold slighty less then that.

Grim

Grimracer said:
CY
Yea we have tanks for that boat and cowl combo.

We shove a carbon fiber bar in the back of the sponson and bolt the TF to that.

Pics here might be a good idea.

Rock on

Grim
Hey grim i just made your wallet a little fatter (well i hope i did anyways) i would really appreciate a shot of how you mount the turnfin possibly an underside shot to.. sorry i'm really a visual type of guy.

also in another post you mentioned sanding the last four inches flat i am asuming that you mean the section in the red section so there are no strakes (got this photo from e-bay)

lastley what are you running for motor mounts?

Barefoot racing - I love teh smell of wood in the afternoon :p

View attachment 2185

Last edited by a moderator:
CySlyde said:
Grimracer said:
CY
Yea we have tanks for that boat and cowl combo.

We shove a carbon fiber bar in the back of the sponson and bolt the TF to that.

Pics here might be a good idea.

Rock on

Grim
Hey grim i just made your wallet a little fatter (well i hope i did anyways) i would really appreciate a shot of how you mount the turnfin possibly an underside shot to.. sorry i'm really a visual type of guy.

also in another post you mentioned sanding the last four inches flat i am asuming that you mean the section in the red section so there are no strakes (got this photo from e-bay)

lastley what are you running for motor mounts?

Barefoot racing - I love teh smell of wood in the afternoon :p
CY

did i miss the post... :(

Anyway the turn fin is mounted on a carbom bar that extends out the back of the sponson. The TF is boldted to it.

The sponsons need to be flat for the last 4" and your picture is good to show the area.

We run homemade mounts and also have used the Octura 3-30. The homemade mounts are all vibe mounts and i would head down this path if you can.

Ken...

Darn good looking... and that 2.2L motor must sound like a dream on the boat...Hehehehe :D

Cant wait to see it run.

Mike

Come on Mike it does not have a chrysler 2.2 in it. It is powed by a 2.5 CHEVY. :lol: :lol: :lol: KEN

Back