• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted - New RPM Rod For Picco 67/80 EXR

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PakMan

Does anyone have a New in package RPM rod for the Picco's...

I've got one for an OPS.... but need 2-3 NEW ones for the Picco.... not the ones only driven on Sunday :) , mainly beacause Sunday is Race-Day :D

Call your friends, steal it from your Dad, what-ever :eek: !

I'll start the bidding at $150 per rod..., or, let me know your price/trade request. Authentication will be required.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

P.S. - Come on Harry, you gotta have one... you're the high-priced rod guy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one for an OPS.... but need 2-3 NEW ones for the Picco.... not the ones only driven on Sunday :) , mainly beacause Sunday is Race-Day :D

I'll start the bidding at $150 per rod..., or, let me know your price/trade request. Authentication will be required.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

I might have one, David.

However it's out of the package and I'm not sure how to determine if it's for the Picco or not. I'm about 90% sure it is. Does that help? :lol:

There must be a measurement I can take to let you if it is indeed for the Picco. Do you know how I can make sure?

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

I might have one, David.

However it's out of the package and I'm not sure how to determine if it's for the Picco or not. I'm about 90% sure it is. Does that help? :lol:

There must be a measurement I can take to let you if it is indeed for the Picco. Do you know how I can make sure?

Jeff,

Hold on a minute, I will get you the C-L measurement. I know/trust you and can do the inspection myself to know if it is an RPM, and in New Condition.

Thanks so much Jeff, I'll get back with you!

Sincerely,

David

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

I might have one, David.

Jeff,

Hold on a minute, I will get you the C-L measurement. I know/trust you and can do the inspection myself to know if it is an RPM, and in New Condition.

Sincerely,

David
Why a RPM? the last run of picco 67 rods were fine,all you need to do is clearance the rod for the drum!

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

I might have one, David.

Jeff,

Sincerely,

David
Why a RPM? the last run of picco 67 rods were fine,all you need to do is clearance the rod for the drum!
Call me crazy, I want what I want. I'm open to offers though. Send me any and all offers... thanks...

David

P.S. - Mike, did you get my PM about the NW Champs??

David,

I know, you want what you want, but can I help you out? I've got a few Titans on hand, ready to ship, and I think $50 sounds ALOT better than $150.

Let me know.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

David,
I know, you want what you want, but can I help you out? I've got a few Titans on hand, ready to ship, and I think $50 sounds ALOT better than $150.

Let me know.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros
I have two brand new Picco 67EXR rods, two slightly used RPM rods for the Picco 67EXR and one brand new

RPM rod for the Picco 67EXR. I have been holding the new RPM rod with a brand new piston and liner, and crankshaft as my son runs, or did run, a Picco in his Candyman. When you start talking $ for a new rod it gets my attention. Any interest please let me know. Perry

PM's sent: I've got a few maybes, a couple I think so, (1) or (2) I'm pretty confident, but no done deals yet... keep looking fellas. Thank You!

David

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

I have a new but not in package RPM rod for a 67 picco exr for that kind of money I would let go. Let me know.

Allen Waddle

Joe hows things going in mich. miss you down here was like racing back in mich with you here hope to see you back here soon Robert

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

David,

Aeromarine Laminates still sells aftermarket connecting rods for the Picco engines. A rod for the .67-.80 will set you back $32.00. These are made from the same 7075 bar stock aluminum that Dave used to make the RPM rods. When Dave quit making them I started using these rods that Remy made...............never had a problem. Make sure you have the oil holes in the right places and chamfer them with a counter sink and you're good to go.

Dick Tyndall

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

David,

Aeromarine Laminates still sells aftermarket connecting rods for the Picco engines. A rod for the .67-.80 will set you back $32.00. These are made from the same 7075 bar stock aluminum that Dave used to make the RPM rods. When Dave quit making them I started using these rods that Remy made...............never had a problem. Make sure you have the oil holes in the right places and chamfer them with a counter sink and you're good to go.

Dick Tyndall
Mike, Brad & Dick,

I know looking at this transaction from the outside may not make sense. I appreciate your efforts/comments to bring me back to reality. This quest may have little to do with reason, but it does have a purpose for me. I almost completely agree with all of your comments as a general rule, just not in my situation right now.

Thanks for the input.

Sincerely,

David Jensen

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

David,

Dick Tyndall
Mike, Brad & Dick,

I know looking at this transaction from the outside may not make sense. I appreciate your efforts/comments to bring me back to reality. This quest may have little to do with reason, but it does have a purpose for me. I almost completely agree with all of your comments as a general rule, just not in my situation right now.

Thanks for the input.

Sincerely,

David Jensen
Mike is correct, Many other mfgers copied the RPM rod & the problems. the rod was too wide on the crank pin & the radius was incorrect to match the radius on the crank pin. The latest EXr rod would live in mono`s & scale boats Just not in a Hydro. All of the aftermarket including the RPM rods require work if you expect them to live... I own several RPM EXR rods New & used ......

UPDATE: I have only 2 rods paid for, and in the mail to me at this point. I am not 100% on one of them. Please check around and help me find 1 or 2 more. If $150 is not enough, send me a picture of your rod, and your price. I only need 1 or 2 more... thanks... I knew they were scarce, but never knew they were this scarce. NIP (or NEVER run) only Please. Thank You!

Sincerely,

David

I've got one for an OPS.... but need 2-3 NEW ones for the Picco EXR.... not the ones only driven on Sunday :) , mainly beacause Sunday is Race-Day :D

Authentication will be required.

Thank You!

Sincerely,

David Jensen

I see you still need 2 or 3 rods.Get with Brad Christy if you are in a bind.RPM are hard to find for a picco.

Dave

Back